Remote for Chromebox
I've searched the forum and only found a couple suggestions. I'm open to anything from a very basic remote to a more complex remote with a a keyboard.

I was looking at this one http://kodi.wiki/view/Boxee_remote

Anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks
There is already a very recent thread on this very topic:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=209996

I bought a Flirc and programmed the DVD option on my TV remote. Easy set up and works very well.
The simple i have found so far is a DVD remote for PS3, you press 2 buttons and it paired instantly !
Thanks for the information, I went ahead and ordered a Flirc dongle. I'll try to set it up with my existing remotes before purchasing anything additional. Might even try using the DirecTV remote with it.
why not use the free xbmc remote app for ios/android? it does the job perfectly no?
(2014-12-02, 20:46)loki05 Wrote: why not use the free xbmc remote app for ios/android? it does the job perfectly no?

Yes it does and it couldn't be easier to setup... I don't think there is any setup ..... it just works.

I use Roomie Remote on my iPhone and that''s perfect also with the added bonus that it controls everything else too.

I hear the PS3 BlueTooth remote is great... (I have one but I haven't personally tried it.)
(2014-12-02, 20:49)bhampton Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 20:46)loki05 Wrote: why not use the free xbmc remote app for ios/android? it does the job perfectly no?

Yes it does and it couldn't be easier to setup... I don't think there is any setup ..... it just works.

I use Roomie Remote on my iPhone and that''s perfect also with the added bonus that it controls everything else too.

I hear the PS3 BlueTooth remote is great... (I have one but I haven't personally tried it.)

I'm going to try both these IOS apps as well! Thanks
I use the new Xbox one media remote. Very very nice, limited buttons but lights up when picked up so works great during movies in the dark.
ios android remote? handy sometimes. But I don't want to

1. make sure the battery is charged (my phone goes flat once every day or two, my IR remotes seem to work for a year or more)

2. click the 'on' button on the phone.

3. swipe it to bring it out of locked state

4. Perhaps switch to the remote software if it wasn't the last thing running.

5. perform actions.

IR remote - pick it up, press a button. Also the whole family can use it, whereas if those little f***ers touch my phone * whoosh *.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-12-02, 23:13)t2ffn Wrote: I use the new Xbox one media remote. Very very nice, limited buttons but lights up when picked up so works great during movies in the dark.

chromebox doesn't have an ir receiver so you would need some sort of dongle

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote for Chromebox0