Need help with generes
So I'm going through using Media Elch and labeling movies as Holiday and Christmas so that they are easy to find. When I go into Kodi 13.2 and use the filter by genere I don't see a selection for Christmas. And when I go to holiday it only displays half of my movies. What can I do to get it to display everything?
I forgot I am also using Aeon Nox skin.

I also am having trouble figuring out tags with this. The option for tags is grey.
If you're using genre's , the movies will be filtered by the genre(s) suggested by the MovieDB (or whatever scraper you're using) - if they don't have the relevant genre you expect already set on the scraper site, they won't have it In your library. If you want to use tags for this (I do for my movies, though I use a video node for my Tv shows, with various keywords like "Holiday", "Santa", etc) you'd add a new tag via Videos > Tags, and then add any relevant movies from the resulting dialog.
So adding a genre via Media Elch really doesn't help? I'll try what you suggested for tags. I just thought that since Media Elch let me add my own selected genre and tag it would recognize it in Kodi.

Will adding tags the way you said make it so it's not unselectable?
I've never used Media Elch, so please try and let us all know Smile
So I got the Christmas tag set up through Kodi. I couldn't get it to recognize what was done in Media Elch. Sucks that genres doesn't recognize media Elch either. But at least I'm able to group things with tags.
Might be too late now but doesn't media elch generate nfo's? You should be able to use these to define the genre if you use the nfo only scraper. Just an idea.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Yes it does create an no. Is the nfo only scrapper in the apps section?
(2014-12-05, 18:51)Tatts4Life Wrote: Yes it does create an no. Is the nfo only scrapper in the apps section?

It's one of the scraper options available when you add a source. I think it actually says "local info only". Maybe?? Only available for version 13+. If you're using Frodo you won't see the scraper but as long as the NFO file (wiki) is named the same as the video, XBMC should see it and default to the contents of that file.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-12-05, 20:00)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-12-05, 18:51)Tatts4Life Wrote: Yes it does create an no. Is the nfo only scrapper in the apps section?

It's one of the scraper options available when you add a source. I think it actually says "local info only". Maybe?? Only available for version 13+. If you're using Frodo you won't see the scraper but as long as the NFO file (wiki) is named the same as the video, XBMC should see it and default to the contents of that file.

So I found what you're talking about and it worked. BUT GOOD LORD! It's taking forever to rescan close to if not over 600 movie's artwork. Not sure what was going on but I have to rescan all the logo artwork that I use for Aeon Nox.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with generes0