Win How do I turn on library mode
I have tried just about every skin. All of my stuff has been scraped and renamed, etc outside of XMBC. I add the sources and set them as movie and tv shows. I can see them in the file viewer mode under movies and tv shows. I just cannot figure out how to select library mode. I tried cycling through view but I just get things like list, big list, icons, thumbnails, etc depending on the skin I am using. What am I missing?
I think youre in it but it may not be displaying. I have the same issue.
thats strange lol. Is there a release that I can go to that works haha
Just because you added your sourcing doesn't mean you scanned the items into your library. In file view you'll see EVERYTHING in your source path, but you still need to scan it into your library. Go to file view of your source and hit C and then scan for new content. Do it from the actual source, such as movies or tv show, not from the view where you can see all the actual files or folders. For example, I have 8 different paths for the source "movies". If I go to movies and scan, it will scan all 8 paths for new content.
looks like when I load confluence I have no movies or tv shows selections. I did try it with another skin that had those options and there is no scan for new content in any context menu. I tried right when I went into videos where my options are Files, Playlists, Video Add-ons. This gives me the menu options of Play, Add to favourites, mark as unwatched, mark as watched. If I go into files I get Play, Add to Favourites, edit source, remove source, choose thumbnail, add source, set content. It doesn't matter if I have my movies source or tv shows source highlighted, I get the same options. Then if I drill down into my movies folder I get Play, Queue Item, Add to favourites, mark as unwatched, mark as watched, and set content. I never receive an option to scan for new content.

Edit:
My sources look like this
Movies:
smb://LITTELLNAS/LittellShare/Videos/Movies/
TV Shows:
smb://LITTELLNAS/LittellShare/Videos/TV Shows/

I have also seen people post about an option for turning on library mode. I have never seen this option (at all even grayed out) nor have I touched it. Where is this even located?

So Many edits:
Looks like with confluence selected I can't see Movies and TV Shows on my home window and if I go into skin settings the options for
Hide - Movies (Videos - Library)
and
Hide - TV Shows (Videos - Library)
are grayed out and unselectable... leading me to believe I am not in library mode.
You need to select add source in videos,
Then add your path with the browse function.
Set your content and the right scraper depending on your source.
And then it should be added to your library.
This will also reveal the movie and tv entry's in the xbmc bar.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
I did all of that and set the content for local information only because everything is pre scraped. I just remembered that I set up advanced settings for a SQL database on my server. Maybe I am having issues with that. I am going to try to find a log file or just remove that and try to scan in some stuff to a local library.

I would imagine
(Unknown MySQL server host '010.000.000.007' (2))
is not good haha
(2014-12-04, 09:12)zlittell Wrote: looks like when I load confluence I have no movies or tv shows selections. I did try it with another skin that had those options and there is no scan for new content in any context menu. I tried right when I went into videos where my options are Files, Playlists, Video Add-ons. This gives me the menu options of Play, Add to favourites, mark as unwatched, mark as watched. If I go into files I get Play, Add to Favourites, edit source, remove source, choose thumbnail, add source, set content. It doesn't matter if I have my movies source or tv shows source highlighted, I get the same options. Then if I drill down into my movies folder I get Play, Queue Item, Add to favourites, mark as unwatched, mark as watched, and set content. I never receive an option to scan for new content.

Edit:
My sources look like this
Movies:
smb://LITTELLNAS/LittellShare/Videos/Movies/
TV Shows:
smb://LITTELLNAS/LittellShare/Videos/TV Shows/

I have also seen people post about an option for turning on library mode. I have never seen this option (at all even grayed out) nor have I touched it. Where is this even located?

So Many edits:
Looks like with confluence selected I can't see Movies and TV Shows on my home window and if I go into skin settings the options for
Hide - Movies (Videos - Library)
and
Hide - TV Shows (Videos - Library)
are grayed out and unselectable... leading me to believe I am not in library mode.

You're mistaking one thing for another. When you enter your movies and tv shows sections from the main menu, that is library mode, you don't have to turn that on. BUT you do have to scan in your videos from the file mode.

So go to videos>files, the same place you would add new sources. Here's mine:

If you click on movies, you'll see all your movies in the file mode. Now don't click on movies, just focus on movies and hit C. You should see something similar to this:

Hit Scan for New Content. If you don't have that button, you may not have set up your sources correctly. So, focus on movies again and hit C>edit source and then hit OK, you should see this:

If your screens don't look very similar to this, something is wrong with your setup and that's why your videos are not being added. TV shows should essentially be exactly the same thing except with Folder Contains: TV shows.
I've been using XBMC since it was first on a hacked Xbox. It goes through, I see the SCANNING in the upper right hand side, but when I go to the Library I cannot view TV shows at all. It's just the ..

I use SQL as well, but even when I do this on a local library it does the same thing. I'm at work now, and it's on my HTPC at home so I can't get debug logs or anything at the moment, but it's really, really weird and I haven't come across this before, but I see a lot of related posts.

When I create a new video database I can see the Contents of the folder in my Files view. Once I set the content as TV and scan in, it all goes to hell and I lose things.

The nodes (Genres, Years, Actors) work - that's the weird thing. They show up, I can navigate a few layers deep, but once I'm on a level where the shows SHOULD show up, they don't - just the .. (Parent Directory).
Yeah I am having a library mysql database issue. when I set the content it doesn't stick and I never get the scan for new option. I am going to try and hash out why I can't connect to my linux server running mysql and then see if that helps.
Sounds like you guys have narrowed it down to having the same problem. Hopefully one of the devs see this and can offer some advice.
I downloaded MySQL Workbench from Oracle and tried to connect and it did not work. Then I tried to telnet into my server on the sql port and it refused the connected so I knew it was a firewall issue.

I am using ubuntu for the mysql server
sudo ufw enable
sudo ufw allow 3306

make sure you have the server bound to 0.0.0.0 to allow connections on all interfaces.

Once I did this and set my movies folder as having movie content it immediately started scanning in movies like it should have.

I suggest checking your xbmc/kodi log file to see whats happening. That was my first real clue about the issue.
Try this: On the sidebar / settings or whatever in the TV / Movie Library, toggle "View Watched". I cycled through there, and magically everything appeared. I did have to do another scan to get everything, and nothing was "Watched" so that makes this super weird. Let me know if you try this and it works or not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I turn on library mode0