Logitech Harmony Universial Remotes and XBMC for Xbox?
hi,

i have the crappy xbox remote control, however it is my 5th remote sitting on top of my tv. it is time to get a universal remote, and it looks like the harmony 659 will fit the bill. it's the cheapest of the harmony remotes at 99 bones.

has anyone got this successfully working with xbmc ? is it a lot of work to get it going? since i already have the ms remote, i imagine the harmony will be able to learn off of it as it supports ir learning. also, i am thinking of adding the xir remote kit to the xbox. since it was made for the ms remote, i imagine there won't be a problem using the harmony? anyone know?

i have searched this forum, but it seems the harmony people keep referring to is the more expensive 688. does anyone have xbmc successfully going with the 659?

thanks,
r. :kickass:
i don't have one, but i can almost guarantee it will work.

xbox uses a common protocol (rca dvd player - code 0522) so it'll work just fine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sad 
i am trying to program my one-for-all urc 8820b00 universal remote control and none of the codes in the instruction manual for the remote control for rca dvd player seem to be working...i have tried:

any ideas?
do you have an original m$ remote/sensor. some 3rd party sensors don't work with the rca codes.

can you program that model with software?

here is a website to check out http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
the 659 will work no problem as long as you have the ir receiver for the xb. take the old remote and manually feed them into the 659.

the support guys there said they will post my xbmc remote profile when i add it to their database. not sure what activities i will put into it yet, but that remote is versatile no doubt.
i recently bought a harmony 880 remote which i am currently using to control everything in my living room, including xbmc on the xbox. i'm loving every aspect of it except i have not been able to adjust the timing to make it act as responsive as the original xbox remote.

my question goes out to other harmony owners out there: have you guys been able to tweak the timing to make this universal remote feel like the original ?
i have the harmony 659, but there is an option under "troubleshoot" in logitech's web configuration interface that will allow you to increase/decrease the delay between commands. i would assume that this option exists for your remote since it is a newer model.
to change the timings go into 'devices' on the main menu and click on the timings option and set everything to 0ms apart from the power on delay which i think i've got set to around 500ms
hi, i am also currently experience this problem, and when i try to adjust the setting on logitech's website i get an unable to display content button after setting the 0ms, actually any settings gives this error message!!

i have tried different browsers and also mac & pc and all get this error when using the configuration website.

are you using the latest software version 5.2?

i checked and my version is 5.01, i am on mac though.

i have tried the same thing on a windows machine and still get the error.  anyone else get this?

hello.
i have the euro verison of 880, my remotes name is 885. but i think its the same as the 880, only a different name. i used to have the same issues as you, it was to slow to use with xbmc/xbox.

i have changed the settings and now its working just like the orginal, maybe even better. you can try this:

set the inter-key delay to:     100ms
set the inter-device delay to: 200ms

set the "repeat settings" to 0 . (troubleshoot->show me moore->the device respondes to mutch)

relearn all keys/commands from the orginal remote in raw mode.

you problable dosent need this but i have <remoterepeat>0.38</remoterepeat>
in advancedsetting.xml

i have allso mapped the keys ch+ and ch- on my harmony to page up and page down in xbmc. you can find out howto do it if you search in the xbmc online manual.
hey, i talked to logitech and they fixed my account seems the problem was that my xbox device was an old outdated one, they updated my account to a newer xbox device version and now i can make the settings.

i tried your settings and they work great!!! thanks! no more slooow remote!
k-pax, crossing my fingers that your settings will help me out. just went to the harmony website only to see the following message:

routine system maintenance
thank you for visiting our web site, we are presently performing system maintenance.

please try again later.

do-oh, talk about poor timing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Harmony Universial Remotes and XBMC for Xbox?0