Linux Remote Recommendations
(2014-12-10, 13:05)wrxtasy Wrote: You would have to unpair the PS3 remote from the PS3 everytime you wanted to use it with Bluetooth on the RPi.
The remote cannot be paired to two devices at the same time.

Ah right - got it...
Quote:Better to buy another Bluetooth PS3 remote if this is going to be an issue and then pair that second remote with the RPi.

Yeah don't think I'm going to go down that route then

Quote:- The beauty too of a remote control like the Harmony One, (especially if you do not have a TV with HDMI CEC control) - is you can setup macros. ie Turn the TV on and switch to the correct input that the RPi is connected to.

For info:
Those of us with HDMI CEC controlled TV's, we just have to hit any button on the remote to bring our RPi's out of screensaver mode and turn the TV on, with the correct input selected. When the screensaver is activated the RPi can turn the TV off as well. Excellent stuff this HDMI CEC.

Yeah That would be cool but haven't got the budget for a Harmony....
Flirc + the Xbox 360 IR remote would work well once you map the XBMC keyboard controls to the buttons with a bit of pre planning.

Thanks was going to get the XBOX 360 remote - this one - http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/pa...023095.htm - From what you say it should work then? What do you mean a bit of pre-planning?

Was also thinking about one of these too - http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/pa...065422.htm - Only thing I'm not sure about is having to program a tv in first then doing the programming for the flirc...
I'm presuming the Pi is connected to your network.
And your network has WiFi
And you have a smartphone or Tablet.

Presuming all this, I'd just use XBMC Remote on Android or Constellation on iOS and control over WiFi.
Both of these remote apps give a great look and feel, coupled with the option to show media info on the device and give you a full keyboard when needed.
The other good reason for this is that you can stick the Pi on the back of the TV completely out of sight.

I had a separate remote for years, but the very best solution now though is with HDMI-CEC. I will only buy TV's with CEC now...
I've just started using Flirc and am very happy with it. Also, I just got this remote, for which all buttons are programmable, so I'm using the power and volume buttons for the tv and the other buttons for Kodi. The 4 bottom buttons can have different prints in them, so very customisable!
And just to complicate matters this looks usefull:

Aerb Multifunction 2.4 G

(2014-12-10, 14:34)martinjh99 Wrote: Thanks was going to get the XBOX 360 remote - this one - http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/pa...023095.htm - From what you say it should work then? What do you mean a bit of pre-planning?
If its Infra-Red, yes it will work with Flirc. Its a nice sensible remote without too many buttons. The stop button hmmmm ??

Pre-planning by using the Flirc App to map sensible and logical XBMC keyboard controls to the remote. (Hint - use the Full Keyboard map in Flirc)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Recommendations0