Help req for upgrade Frodo 12.2 to something better..
Hi all,

I've been very happy with Frodo 12.2 on my win7 64 laptop..... but I think it's probably about due for an update to xbmc. or kodi.

I have made a full backup of my C: users xxx AppData Roaming XBMC userdata folder on to an external hard drive, could someone help with the next step please.

Is it just a case of downloading the most up to date stable version available and installing it on top of the original 12.2 or is there more involved.

would appreciate any advice given, or things to be aware of, ..... any major flaws with new builds, or should I go with 12.3.

Thanks chaps for any help/advice, It's a minefield out there with the amount or reading material all over the net, so what better than to ask the experts.

cheers
sadsack..
p.s. it probably doesn't matter but there's 8gb of ram and it runs on an ssd.
Considering you have your entire userdata folder backed up, no worries. I presume that you have exported your library to separate files at one point, and all the meta-data resides next to each video. It would be smart to export your library to a single file for importation into the latest, just be sure to read the wiki on import/export library settings if you want to appreciate your watched status.

A simple install of Kodi (latest) overtop of the present installation, follow the screen requester regarding the old version and you should be gold.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help req for upgrade Frodo 12.2 to something better..0