Win Refresh rate pb with 24p and TV show (50-60Hz)
Hello everybody !

I was using Frodo's version of XBMC since 2-3 years without updating. All was working fine. But I had recently a windows crash that forced me to fully re-install windows.

So I downloaded the latest XBMC version : Gotham 13.2

And now, here is my problem :
-> I can't setup xbmc for having both 24p videos and 50-60Hz videos being smooth (TV series files).

In Settings/video (expert mod), here is the trick :
-> Adjust display refresh rate to match video ON (always) : TV files are perfect. 24p videos are completely "laggy"
-> Adjust display refresh rate to match video OFF : 24p videos are perfect. TV files are stuttering (less than 24p videos in the previous configuration, but it's still noticable).

I don't really remember my configuration under Frodo, but I tried many other configurations, and nothing seems to fit for both files type, as it was with Frodo Undecided

If someone can help me. It's not really blocking because I can switch from configuration when needed, but it would be really better if I had a configuration that suits prefectly for both type of files ! Smile

Many thanks for reading.
Why do you mean "both 24p videos and 50-60Hz videos being smooth". Sync playback to display will force the display to switch between modes it supports, such as 23.976, 24.000, 25.000, 29.970, 30.000, 59.940, 60.000 - if you're getting juttery playback then I'm not sure.

A debug log would be helpful for the developers.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Hi !

I have 2 types of file : Blue ray rip, which are mkv file encoded in 24p.
And TV series, which are HDTV rip. Must been in 50 or 60Hz I guess.

So my configuration is :
In Settings/video (expert mod), here is the trick :
-> Adjust display refresh rate to match video ON (always) : TV files are perfect. 24p videos are completely "laggy"
-> Adjust display refresh rate to match video OFF : 24p videos are perfect. TV files are stuttering (less than 24p videos in the previous configuration, but it's still noticable).

Can't have both smooth.
I hadn't this problem with Frodo.
I hope this is more clear.
We need a Debug log (wiki) this might help us to help you.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
HDTV recorded files can be in either 24, 25, 29.97, 30, or 59.94 frames per second. There is no such thing as a 50/60Hz file. 50/60Hz refers to the refresh rate of the display device.

That said, your playback settings for smooth playback are going to depend on your display device and settings in XBMC. Also if you have other devices in the chain between XBMC and the display, such as a receiver, it may cause issues. People can give you their settings, but it may not work for your specific situation. The good news is, if you had smooth playback before you should be able to again. It may take a bit more adjusting setting to get what works for your particular setup. Also check in settings/system/video output to see if you are running in true fullscreen or full screen window. That may effect your playback performance if in fullscreen windowed mode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh rate pb with 24p and TV show (50-60Hz)0