Release: PSP / Flash Client
This is a beta release of an XBMC Flash Client (built for use on my PSP but will work on most flash players) to allow for remote control of music on XBMC. It uses the httpAPI.

Download the files and installation instructions are on my site

http://www.markfennell.com/flash/psp/

This is a beta release, so please post any bugs/feedback/lavish praise here.

Cheers
Mark
Also works in active desktop, but sometimes it doesn't respond when you click a song. Probably an issue with how active desktop is set up though
Shoulda Resized the pic

/mods please do your duplicate post deleting magic
Does it work in a browser window properly?
Also youy should copy your thumbnails acrosss to get them to displaY Big Grin
you might wanna mention that for a psp to use this, your gonna need a wireless router with the xbox eather wired into it, or using a wireless bridge to it.
this is a really good idea though.
works great in firefox and IE. having troubles with it in active desktop and in IE on my pocket pc with windows moble 2002 (can only have flash 6 if that matters)
also, things kinda get screwy when you switch browsers or close one and then open it again (cookies or something) could you make something to reset the server side back to how it started. eg i'm navagating through stuff and stop at DMX. and then switch computers or browsers. the new browser starts @ the top of the list but i'm pretty sure the web server still thinks you are at DMX so when you navigate things are screwy. so is there a way you could make it reset the status of the server. or does it already or it doesn't need to and something is just screwy on my end?

Edit obviously i don't have a psp so i'm not really using it for its intended purpose: but i think its really slick when being used in a browser
If you are going to switch browsers on the fly, make sure you use the stop button! When playing it adds the current album to a playlist, the stop button clears it. though you are right its not quite its intended use!

I am workin gon party mode, where songs are slected individually and added to a party playlist, then I can just pass the PSP around at parties and let the mood get chosen!
i appreciate this program , I like it alot, I have a psp but no wireless Router connection (not yet) but i used it from the laptop. Is it possible in the next update u can support other file structures for setups such as F:/Music/Albums.
and are u goin to have support for video files as well.
Cant find the Edit message button,
i wanted to say my setup is like like this
F:/Music/Albums/French
F:/Music/Albums/Hip-Hop
F:/Music/Albums/R&b
etc..
why not pull the file path settings from XBMC itself?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Hi, sorry if this is a stupid question, but what filepath do I bookmark to?
Would this run with devhook running 2.71 emulation?

Thanks for any help.
You had me all excited for a minute, thinking someone had ported a Flash Player to XBMC. Still, kudos for the work.
mfennell, I'd like to thank you for this neat flash appBig Grin I favor it over the standard web interface for XBMC and was hoping to ask/suggest some changes if that's not too rude...

-I'd love it if you could include control over the volume (if this is even possible within the web scheme of things).

-The ability to go deeper into the file structure? My music collection is stored in a similar way to yours but with any 2cd albums I make a folder for each CD, with the current browsing method I can't select these kind of albums.

-Pause seems to play havoc with the time display (keeps counting for a bit then jumps back).

-If I move away from the active window and then back I need to click within the flash element before it will register keystrokes. When I click the app registers the click on the selected navigation item.

I know a couple of these requests are probably browser related and don't even come into play if using a PSP but thought I would ask and see what happened Wink If these niggles were ironed out it would be perfect (at least for my uses).

Thanks again for this great little app.
I really love your flashpage for xbmc Smile
Got a little question. I only see albumart on the psp when i select a song on the xbox self. When i select one with the psp i don't see any album art.
Is this normal?
ive been using this app and its awesome.. but when album art loads it takes up quite a bit of the screen.. anybody else have this problem?
any plans to expand functionality?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Release: PSP / Flash Client0