[PROBLEM] - browsing NFS
Exclamation 
Hi everybody

I've set up a super environment using XBMC. Now running 13.1 and 13.2 on my Windows machines and my Raspberry Pi's.
They are connected to a MySQL running off my Netgear ReadyNAS. Works flawlessly more or less.
Now I've run into a problem: I need a new location added for my music. NFS has proved many times to be much more stable on especially the RPis. That's why I want to use NFS for the new library location.
Earlier when I added new locations th browser was just fine to add the NFS locations. (The chances are good that this was done in 12.X). Now I cannot browse NFS in either Winodws or on the RPis. Sad
Debug log:
Code:
12:32:41 T:9688   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
12:32:45 T:9688   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://
12:32:45 T:9688   ERROR: CGUIDialogFileBrowser::GetDirectory(nfs://) failed
12:32:45 T:9688   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogBusy.xml) ------
This error is persistent on both the RPis and in Windows. This dump is taken from Windows.
When ssh'ing into a RPi I can use:
Code:
xbian@xbian ~ $ sudo showmount -e 192.168.0.2
[sudo] password for xbian:
Export list for 192.168.0.2:
/data/Videos            *
/run/nfs4/data/Videos   *
/data/Pictures          *
/run/nfs4/data/Pictures *
/data/Music             *
/run/nfs4/data/Music    *
/run/nfs4/data          *
/run/nfs4               *
/data/media             127.0.0.1
/run/nfs4/data/media    127.0.0.1
/data/Backup            127.0.0.1
/run/nfs4/data/Backup   127.0.0.1
Which means that NFS is indeed working in the file system. (If I understand that command correctly)

The current files in my library are also added via NFS and the play very nicely! So I think there might be something browser in XBMC.

Can anyone help?
Just to clear up the confusion, Are you adding media sources via Zeroconf Browser in XBMC ?

Thats the only way I could add my networked NFS shares to XBMC was with:
Add Videos > Browse > Zeroconf Browser > Network Share Name (NFS).....

(2014-12-21, 16:49)wrxtasy Wrote: Just to clear up the confusion, Are you adding media sources via Zeroconf Browser in XBMC ?

Thats the only way I could add my networked NFS shares to XBMC was with:
Add Videos > Browse > Zeroconf Browser > Network Share Name (NFS).....

Zeroconf does not work for me on Windows Sad
I choose:
Add music --> Browse --> NFS
No dice.
Using Zeroconf on the RPi gives the SMB and SAMBA of my NAS... Maybe the problem is there (on the NAS)? Keep in mind that it is only while browsing for a new location - when playing a file there is no problem using nfs protocol (I know this because the current locations are added this way).

Any takes?

Thanks
Try fiddling with this setting maybe ?

System > Settings > Services > Zeroconf > Announce these services to other systems via Zeroconf

browsing nfs has nothing to do with zeroconf its the nfs udp probing feature. It works in some network and doesn't in others - just add the new nfs source manually ( nfs://<ip> /exportpath ).

@wrxtasy you will see nfs exports only if the server announces them via avahi/bonjour/zeroconf. I can only think of osx servers doing this.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-12-22, 01:50)Memphiz Wrote: @wrxtasy you will see nfs exports only if the server announces them via avahi/bonjour/zeroconf. I can only think of osx servers doing this.

ReadyNAS 4.1.8 seems to announce OK, while FreeNAS 8.3.x doesn't (I've got both here).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Yes Memphiz - the servers on my OSX iMac announce via avahi/bonjour/zeroconf.

Readynas announces nfs Exports via Zeroconf?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-12-22, 11:10)Memphiz Wrote: Readynas announces nfs Exports via Zeroconf?

No idea I'm afraid - the only "Discovery" services it seems to be running are Bonjour and UPnP (at least, they're the only services listed on the Discovery configuration page).

The box is pretty old, a ReadyNAS NV running RAIDiator 4.1.8 firmware released Sep 2011. Don't really even use it any more, should switch it off and save the electricity...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi guys
I think this might be related to an update in ReadyNas OS6. Other users have reported this problem on the ReadyNas Forum as well: http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic....23&t=78828
I commented on in it as well. No answer. Will likely create new thread... EDIT: new thread here: http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic....23&t=79165
Bugger!
In the meantime and with a 5V/2.0 Amp power supply, if you have not done so already - crank up the overclocking on the RPi.

SMB is a wee bit slower then than NFS on my RPi when browsing a large library.

(2014-12-23, 11:00)wrxtasy Wrote: Bugger!
In the meantime and with a 5V/2.0 Amp power supply, if you have not done so already - crank up the overclocking on the RPi.

SMB is a wee bit slower then than NFS on my RPi when browsing a large library.

What would you suggest as a stable setting for over clocking? I read in a previous thread that 1100 or 1250Mhz was possible but every time I go over 1Ghz my RPIs crash when using the Youtube or iPlayer addons. I am running 3 Model B rev 2s with Samsung 5v/2.1a PSUs.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
gpu_mem=224
arm_freq=1100
core_freq=550
sdram_freq=600
over_voltage=6
over_voltage_sdram=4
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1
force_turbo=1

RPi B+, on a iPad charger. Stable for six months. Never gets over 65°C (Thermal limit 85°C).

http://www.raspberrypi.org/introducing-t...-for-free/

BTW: Some Skins will not work properly unless you increase the GPU memory.

Smile

(2014-12-24, 05:12)wrxtasy Wrote: gpu_mem=224
arm_freq=1100
core_freq=550
sdram_freq=600
over_voltage=6
over_voltage_sdram=4
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1
force_turbo=1

RPi B+, on a iPad charger. Stable for six months. Never gets over 65°C (Thermal limit 85°C).

http://www.raspberrypi.org/introducing-t...-for-free/

BTW: Some Skins will not work properly unless you increase the GPU memory.

Smile

I have tried those exact settings on all 3 of my RPIs and they all bomb during playback through an addon. I am running standard Confluence with a custom wallpaper as my skin.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
I think 1100/550/600 is going to be too much for the majority of Pis. 1000/500/600 is more realistic but still isn't guaranteed to work for everyone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PROBLEM] - browsing NFS0