• 4(current)
Helix and Metropolis
Looks good. Now where's 3.0.1? Tongue
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Hush, you. I'm off to have my holiday vacation now Tongue
I have nothing of substance to offer except for praise.

Thanks for all the great work so that folks like me can simply kick back our feet and enjoy an awesome HTPC experience. I just put 3.0.0 on my week old Kodi-ubuntu fresh install (blew away Gotham) and it seems to be perfect. I actually had to check out a few of the other skins for the past week and while some were OK, none were perfect. Metropolis is perfect!

Happy New Year to all!
Thanks and Happy New Year to you too! *cheers*
Hi

Thanks for the 3.0.0 release! Currently the best skin for kodi. One thing, I've noticed, when playing music, the OSD info is a bit redundant, see this screenshot:

IMHO on the top bar the clock and the progressbar should go out. This only happens on music playback, on video it seem ok since the clock and the progressbar is not shown in the lower bar, see

Thanks again!
Updated the PVR windows (again)

Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2015-01-01, 15:54)javiermon Wrote: Thanks for the 3.0.0 release! Currently the best skin for kodi. One thing, I've noticed, when playing music, the OSD info is a bit redundant, see this screenshot:

Um, weird, it isn't like that for me at all.

Here is how it is on my installations:

Oh, I see, it's only when the music is paused.
(2015-01-02, 01:09)jingai Wrote: Oh, I see, it's only when the music is paused.

Yes, only when paused and only on music, on video it looks ok (as you can see on the screenshot I posted before).
Hi again,

The tv guide doesnt show the logos in the grid. I only see the schedule but not which show. You cant see what shows are on without going into the item.

Heres mine:

Also, can we have an option to change the image shown at the right panel? Maybe logo/clearart/thumb/fanart?

Thanks,
(2015-01-02, 13:46)javiermon Wrote: The tv guide doesnt show the logos in the grid. I only see the schedule but not which show. You cant see what shows are on without going into the item.

Oddly, it works for me, though I do see a problem -- it was using the old-style image links for Banners and Posters. However, if you've chosen Logos as you say, that won't change.

Couple things that might be causing this.

First, for the thumbnail type you've chosen in the TV Show Next Aired addon configuration, did you click the Artwork Downloader button there (alternatively, you can use the link provided by the skin in Settings->Metropolis->Scripts/Extras to be sure you've gotten everything the skin needs)?

Second, I've noticed that Artwork Downloader won't fetch all Logos for shows. Many are missing for me, too. Even for some really popular shows (like The Simpsons).. not sure why this is, but it's not a skin issue.

If you're using Banners or Posters, the images might not show for you.. I've fixed this, but there won't be a new release of Metropolis for a little while, so in the meantime, you can install this script-NextAired-TVGuide.xml file in the skin.metropolis/720p/ folder.

I also fixed the text alignment for the air date/times.

If you still have trouble, do let me know.
(2015-01-02, 17:07)jingai Wrote:
(2015-01-02, 13:46)javiermon Wrote: The tv guide doesnt show the logos in the grid. I only see the schedule but not which show. You cant see what shows are on without going into the item.

Oddly, it works for me, though I do see a problem -- it was using the old-style image links for Banners and Posters. However, if you've chosen Logos as you say, that won't change.

Couple things that might be causing this.

First, for the thumbnail type you've chosen in the TV Show Next Aired addon configuration, did you click the Artwork Downloader button there (alternatively, you can use the link provided by the skin in Settings->Metropolis->Scripts/Extras to be sure you've gotten everything the skin needs)?

Second, I've noticed that Artwork Downloader won't fetch all Logos for shows. Many are missing for me, too. Even for some really popular shows (like The Simpsons).. not sure why this is, but it's not a skin issue.

If you're using Banners or Posters, the images might not show for you.. I've fixed this, but there won't be a new release of Metropolis for a little while, so in the meantime, you can install this script-NextAired-TVGuide.xml file in the skin.metropolis/720p/ folder.

I also fixed the text alignment for the air date/times.

If you still have trouble, do let me know.

I've downloaded the new xml and banners and posters show up (posters are too small, but they show up). Logos aren't showing up, I've run the artwork downloader link in metropolis skin settings (scripts/extras) and they are still not showing up. I've tested another skin (a bello mod) and the logo shows up, so not sure what's wrong.
Do they show up in Confluence? I've implemented the Logos the same as Confluence does it.

If you send me a link to the Bello mod you've got, I'll have a look at what he/she does for them.
I've cheked in other kodi skins:
- In confluence I dont see the logos either.
- In mimic it does work. The code is here:
https://github.com/bryanbrazil/skin.mimic

The mod I was talking about is TLBB, It was recently updated to kodi. Here the code:
https://github.com/Nessus85100/tlbb/

Thanks,
Try this one.
(2015-01-02, 18:48)jingai Wrote: Try this one.

It's working now!
Thanks.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Helix and Metropolis0