Sweet Car Audio Setup
okay, a few days ago, i thought of a sweet car audio setup idea. is it possible to install a unit, possibly in your trunk, that could play mp3's from it's built-in hard drive through your car speakers? also, is it possible to copy new mp3's over a wireless network to the hard drive? the wireless network will only be used when parked at the house, so i can easily copy my mp3's from my pc to the xbox, not for streaming.

i know this idea is possible because you could do with a modded xbox (with xbox media center installed) and one of those new xbox lcds. the audio output would be run to a female miniplug where you could plug in one of those tape adapters that are usually used for cd players. then you would connect a wireless network to the xbox's ethernet port. the network and xbox could both be powered by the car's battery with a dc-ac converter. finally, you would buy a wireless controller that could control what was playing. the xbox and wireless network could be in the truck, running wires up to the stereo. the controller could be placed in a convenient storage in the front along with the lcd mounted on the dash.

anybody know a better way to it? my way has a few problems, especially an xbox's power requirements and my low quality method of connecting it to my stereo. i would rather have an all-in-one solution that i could actually place on my dash that had an lcd, hard drive, and wireless network built in. i've seen units with lcds and wireless networks but never with hard drives. i hope this wasn't too confusing. thanks for your help.
you will find that quite a few folk have xboxes in their cars, some complete with lcd video monitors and yes, wireless networking. do a search. they usually have many pictures detailing the installation.
yeah, i know they exist. i have two problems though. i can't imagine that thats the best solution for me, and i can't find the web pages anymore.
i'm planning on doing this exact thing when i get my new car (as soon as i sell my current car). i was planning on just doing the mini lcd screens that the new chips support but i'm thinking if i'm doing that, i should just go all out for a larger lcd video screen so i could watch videos on it too.

-cameron

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sweet Car Audio Setup0