Seeking information regarding supported formats
Thanks to anyone who can help me with these general questions. Please note that I've searched both the website and the forums and have not found what I thought should be fairly straightforward information. I'm attempting to evaluate the software to see if it will meet my needs. I'd love to find a software media hub that I can run on OS X, Linux (Ubuntu), and Windows. I have a central repository of video and music on the network as file shares as well as video in the iTunes library and a collection of DVDs. I've used DVD Player and Front Row in the past but now need something that is supported in current releases of the OS and across platforms. The website pretty much shows the controls and states that the software plays music and videos and movies but does not provide any real information. A search of the forums returns a plethora of problem reports but no basic information. I even checked entries in the wiki.

Does the software support playing DVDs?
Does the software support playing BluRay discs?
What video formats are supported? I can only seem to find that "it plays video".
What music formats are supported? I can only seem to find that "it plays music".
Is the Apple Mac IR remote supported?
Can I play a folder that is in DVD format the way VLC Media Player can? I can't find any information about this at all.

If I've missed a page somewhere that has this information, my apologies. I do not waste the time of forum members if I can avoid it. I just can't seem to find this really basic information. Any help at all is appreciated.

Thanks for the help.

David
1) Yes
2) Retail discs with DRM? no
3) Pretty much all of them. We use ffmpeg at the core of our video player. As long as it doesn't have DRM, then there's a very good chance we can play it. MKV, OGG, MOV, MP4, M4V, AVI, WMA, and a bunch more.
4) Pretty much all of them as long as they don't have DRM. MP3, FLAC, etc
5) Yes
6) Yes
Wow! Thanks! Talk about your fast reply. Very much appreciate it. You've been amazingly helpful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seeking information regarding supported formats0