Win Constant crashes
Unfortunately, I need to ask for help. Since migrating XBMC to KODI v14, I've been experiencing an onslaught of crashes. So much so that my last ditch effort to continue using KODI at the moment is to ask for help here, before reverting back to Gotham while I still have the time to do it (holidays are almost over and I can't leave the missus with the mess my HTPC currently is)

1st off, here's the full debug log of the most recent crash. The crash occured after watching a TV episode, attempting to play the next episode.

Debug Log

All the info regarding my HTPC setup should be in the log, but it's KODI v14 final release, running under Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and I'm using a mysql back-end for my database. Oh, I'm also using Aeon Nox as theme-of-choice.

My setup / system was rock-solid prior to the only change being made - the upgrade to KODI. Nothing else in my network / house has changed, software or hardware wise. With that said, the issue has to be within KODI somewhere. If not in KODI itself, then something that's changed within KODI, coding wise, now doesn't like the way I'm working things.

Along the route in attempting to fix other crashes, the only changes I've made to my system is updating my NIC driver to the latest version available direct from Intel, aaaaaand I've turned off Hybrid sleep within my power settings. Those 2 changes were made attempting to fix another constant crash I'm getting when the system resumes from sleep (haven't asked for help with this one 'cause it doesn't write anything to the log)

I watched the log and my SQL server at the time the episode finished. I could see my HTPC connect to my SQL server and write the updated watched status etc. to the database. Once the connection dropped, I scrolled to the next episode, hit play and instant crash.

One section of the log, I seem to see pretty much everytime I'm done playing something is the following snippet:

Quote:ERROR: EXCEPTION: access_violation
21:46:22 T:3696 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
Error Contents: access_violation
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\HTPC.Lounge\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.skin.widgets\default.py", line 783, in onPlayBackEnded
self.onPlayBackStopped()
File "C:\Users\HTPC.Lounge\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.skin.widgets\default.py", line 789, in onPlayBackStopped
self.action('episode')
File "C:\Users\HTPC.Lounge\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.skin.widgets\default.py", line 643, in _update
self._fetch_tvshows_recommended('RecommendedEpisode')
File "C:\Users\HTPC.Lounge\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.skin.widgets\default.py", line 258, in _fetch_tvshows_recommended
json_query2 = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetEpisodes", "params": {"tvshowid": %d, "properties": ["title", "playcount", "plot", "season", "episode", "showtitle", "file", "lastplayed", "rating", "resume", "art", "streamdetails", "firstaired", "runtime"], "sort": {"method": "episode"}, "filter": {"field": "playcount", "operator": "is", "value": "0"}, "limits": {"end": 1}}, "id": 1}' %item['tvshowid'])
RuntimeError: access_violation
-->End of Python script error report<--

Any help appreciated....

Cheers,

Mungo

PS. Typical - hadn't seen anything on here the last few days trying to troubleshoot things myself, figuring it was something minor my end if no one else had reported it, and now that I've posted I see there's a swag of similar threads. Apologies for making yet another thread, but hopefully another log will aid a solution.
Yup, follow along with us in this thread. It's basically users of mySQL and making use of the webserver.

In the meantime, I've found that if you remove all the skins that make use of service.skin.widgets and library.data.provider (also getting rid of those service addons), and just using Confluence, it seems to go back to normal.

Apparently its an issue with the Kodi core, and they are working on trying to find out exactly what is going on.
Cheers man - I literally just finished reading that thread from top to toe and made note of a few changes etc. Testing now :-).

Anything that makes it stable is worth doing at this point, 'cause even with backups etc. it's gunna be a royal pain in the pooper to revert 3 systems back to Gotham.

Wish I'd found that thread (and the others) before posting mine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Constant crashes0