• 3(current)
Kodi v14.1 testing (ended)
Ok, tested with Stop. It works flawlessly tested on 2 movies from "Recent Movies" and on 1 TV Show. Stop resumes properly when I jump forward and hit stop. Re-tested pausing and it still doesn't resume at the proper location (resume point set at where I stopped previously).
Hi Guys,

Black screen" on video playback playback on some Android devices with Amlogic SOCs.

No change after installing Helix 14.1

(System)
DroiBox MX
Model: MBX reference board (g18ref)
Android ver 4.2.2
Kernel version 3.0.50
ubuntu@ubuntu-desktop #15
Build number:
JDQ39.20130708
Hardware
CPU: ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v71)
BogoMips: 2393.70
Hardware: Amlogic Meson6 g02 Customer platform
(2015-01-09, 20:04)Player1 Wrote: Hi Guys,

Black screen" on video playback playback on some Android devices with Amlogic SOCs.

No change after installing Helix 14.1

Debug log (wiki) of when you attempt to play a video, please.
Thanks for creating the test builds!

For mac os 64bit PR fix binary, for videos opened from home screen recently added shelf:

- exiting video using stop, resume point retained, video restarts at correct point - this is fixed
- exiting video by pausing and then using back, resume point not kept, video restarts at beginning - still broken, would expect the background paused video to reopen at the same point (this is probably a different bug from PR5842)

Actually I mean PR5958

Reckon you are referencing the wrong PRs Ned Scott?

PR5842 (as referenced in the binary filenames and above) is in the master branch already and actually caused this resume point bug, it'll have been PR5958 which is the fix which hasn't been merged up which must have been patched in... Its really PR5958 we are testing here
The pause behavior is unrelated and would need fixing in a different part of the code (did it work in alphas, betas, RCs?).

Edit: "fix-5842" is the Git branch for PR 5958, because 5842 is the PR that introduced this regression.
So is there a PR already created for the pause / resume bug? It would be great to get that also fixed for 14.1 and into master.
Resume bug anyway yes - PR5958

The test builds created here will hopefully help to make that happen!
Let me ask another way as I probably wasn't clear: Now that we have a test build confirmed to be have a working Stop+resume, do we have a PR that is for Pause+resume which is not working yet?
I have MXQ S805, there is no black screen, after update the box with firmware 109k4.
I installed this test build and find it very stable so far. Good work guys Smile

One thing I would like to see fixed is live TV/streams hanging if you press any of the skip keys. I think this has been fixed in the past but with Gotham and now helix the problem is still there forcing you to do a reset on the machine. I have tried it under windows, Linux and android with the same effect. Cheers
(2015-01-09, 22:46)quixers Wrote: Actually I mean PR5958

Reckon you are referencing the wrong PRs Ned Scott?

PR5842 (as referenced in the binary filenames and above) is in the master branch already and actually caused this resume point bug, it'll have been PR5958 which is the fix which hasn't been merged up which must have been patched in... Its really PR5958 we are testing here

No. I have made a special build that contains the fix on top of the current Helix branch: https://github.com/nedscott/xbmc/tree/He...42-testing

These builds do contain the fix.
(2015-01-10, 00:50)choekstr Wrote: Let me ask another way as I probably wasn't clear: Now that we have a test build confirmed to be have a working Stop+resume, do we have a PR that is for Pause+resume which is not working yet?

As far as I know, resume points are only made when stop or shutdown commands are used. I would not expect resume points to be made for just using "pause". If that is happening, it might be due to something else and is just a nice extra bonus that only happens in some situations.
Hi folks,

Kodi v14.1 is crashing on startup on ODROID C1 while v14.0 starts just fine (but does not show decoded video).

Tombstone is here: http://hastebin.com/kekopotibo.mel

- Hardware: ODROID C1
- Android: 4.4.2 (v1.1 released from Hardkernel http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=e...se_android
- Kodi: kodi-20150109-9b746a8-Helix-fix-5842-testing-armeabi-v7a.apk

Cheers
Simon
New builds posted.

See the first post for links.

A few more things have gone in as you can see at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/Helix

Be sure to install and see if any of the fixes have any negative effect. They shouldn't, in theory, but that's what this thread is all about finding out :)

So far it seems the only issue we have is with ODROID-C1. We'll see what can be found out about that. I have a different amlogic S805 device that might behave the same way and I will test later tonight.

Remember, this thread is only for regressions between v14.0 and v14.1. Please post issues that effect both versions in a new thread.

Thanks again to everyone who is helping test.
Oh, and I'll try to get an x86 Android build updated as well. That one needs to be built from a different code branch, IIRC. Not sure how many of those users we have, but might as well make it available.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v14.1 testing (ended)2