GUI Builder
Scriptinstaller is already in the progress of being updated.

Added features:

- translations (currently: english, swedish, norwegian)
- use guibuilder (skins currently: default, pmIII and mc360)
- newsfeed from http://www.xbmcscripts.com
- cleanup (deleting temporary files afer successful install)
- dynamically getting categories from site (static in old version)

these along with major cleanup / rewrite of code are being done.
Also as of now (skin 2.1) guibuilder is broken Sad
blittan, I'll fix guibuilder after the holidays.
cool.. no rush Big Grin

Gonna use it in xbmcscripts installer and emuLauncher.

Great stuff btw!
Big Grin 
:-D

I will also try to chuck it into XBMCMail (SSS) (as skin and resolution support for my script is shocking.
how are the update coming along??
I'm going to work on it some more Sunday. I'm having some issues, but should get it working.
sounds great, no hurry though.. just curious of progress.

those issues, i know you will work them out, as capable as you are.
Ok, I found my main problem. Don't use addItem() to append() an item to a python list. That was frustrating.

I have to change the skin to 2.1 compatable before I can fully test, but it works now.

I probably won't update the original guibuilder.py, instead I'll just update version 2, which is what Apple Movie Trailers uses. It has more options, but is slightly different when coding your script.

Give me a couple days to test.
sounds good.. looking forward to it!
If it helps, some of the issues I have found with the guibuilder since the 2.1 update are:

<window> tags are now called like: <window id=4>
<control> tags are now called like: <control id=4>

and there was some other issue about the includes.xml filename, I can't quite remember it offhand but it was something about the fact that includes.xml can be named anything, and the filename for the includes file is named in another xml. some thing like that, but Jezz_X should be able to fill ya in on the details better then I can. Smile

if there is anything I can help with in getting guibuilder up and running asap, lemme know. You know where to find me Wink
I can't wait for it Smile
Pleease hurry ! Wink

I'm just creating a gui python script so I need it Smile
I was going to try and get the new list control working properly, but am having issues. it would require me to rewrite other portions that i don't want to. Also the tags are not as equivelent as they were pre 2.1.

The new version included with Apple Movie Trailers works with 2.1 skins except for the list control, you will still need to use the old format for them.

<Includes> work fine (except for list)

This may be obsolete in the near future, but if there is a call for the ability to <include> a list control, and the future is not near then I will work on this some more.

If you have any questions on how to use this, please let me know. The way you use it is different from the original, which I rteally don't want to update, since this has a few more features.

http://xbmc-scripting.googlecode.com/svn...builder.py
Hi

I can't make it working using your examples...
Iwas not very good with your library, but if now some things are differents, it will be harder...
What should be the problem now ?
those examples won't work, can you look at Apple Movie Trailers for an example?

The top of the guibuilder.py has instructions on how to use. The call to the controls has changed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GUI Builder0