Update not available through Cydia, any ideas please..
Hi all,

I am in the process of attempting an update of Frodo 12.2 through Cydia..... But this is the weird bit.

Under Sources I have team Kodi, http://mirrors.XBMC.org/apt/ios/

if i open this i have two more folders, "All Packages" and "Multimedia" Inside "All Packages" I have Kodi-IOS and Inside Multimedia I have "Kodi for IOS"

Now when I go to Installed within Cydia I have two items, "XBMC-IconPack" and "XBMC-IOS" if I open "XBMC-IconPack" I can only "Remove" the Item and I have exactly the same for "XMBC-IOS".... Nowhere is there the ability to do an update...

This is where I get a little confused, under the wiki page it states this for updating, -
2 Updating Updates for stable releases of XBMC/Kodi are handled by Cydia and will show up in the "Changes" section when available.

for me this does not seem to be happening, I'm hoping that there is a simple fix I can do at my end without having to completely uninstalling XBMC (Kodi).
bit of info, its an ipad2, on IOS 6.0.1, JB with evasi0n, and Cydia fully up to date.

would be great if someone could just tell be the obvious that i'm blindly missing.

Appreciate the time and help chaps...
Sadsack...
(2015-01-01, 16:16)sadsack007 Wrote: Hi all,

I am in the process of attempting an update of Frodo 12.2 through Cydia..... But this is the weird bit.

Under Sources I have team Kodi, http://mirrors.XBMC.org/apt/ios/

if i open this i have two more folders, "All Packages" and "Multimedia" Inside "All Packages" I have Kodi-IOS and Inside Multimedia I have "Kodi for IOS"

Now when I go to Installed within Cydia I have two items, "XBMC-IconPack" and "XBMC-IOS" if I open "XBMC-IconPack" I can only "Remove" the Item and I have exactly the same for "XMBC-IOS".... Nowhere is there the ability to do an update...

This is where I get a little confused, under the wiki page it states this for updating, -
2 Updating Updates for stable releases of XBMC/Kodi are handled by Cydia and will show up in the "Changes" section when available.

for me this does not seem to be happening, I'm hoping that there is a simple fix I can do at my end without having to completely uninstalling XBMC (Kodi).
bit of info, its an ipad2, on IOS 6.0.1, JB with evasi0n, and Cydia fully up to date.

would be great if someone could just tell be the obvious that i'm blindly missing.

Appreciate the time and help chaps...
Sadsack...

the dev know that issue and please before to do a new post please search/read post Smile
(2015-01-02, 05:47)u2pop Wrote: the dev know that issue and please before to do a new post please search/read post Smile

This is not a known issue.
@sadsack007

I'm not sure why that would be. However, you should be able to install Kodi and uninstall XBMC without any of your settings being deleted. On iOS, the settings exist independently of the install, so it doesn't matter how exactly you upgrade. If can be a fresh Kodi install, and Kodi will find the old XBMC settings folder and upgrade that data.
I didn't think it was a known issue Ned, as I try to do as much searching as possible before putting in a request for help..... To be honest, you hit the nail right on the head, .... I was concerned about ending up having two copies of xbmc/kodi installed...

Actually one of the very small items that I forgot to mention was this:

Within Cydia, under Installed, as I mentioned earlier on.... I have the two items, one called, XBMC-IconPack and one called XBMC-iOS

below both of them it says: from Unknown / Local (Multimedia)
XBMC Icon Pack

and from Unknown / Local (Multimedia)
XBMC Multimedia Center for 4.x iOS

I only wished I could remember How I went about installing, I dont even remember putting in the repo.... (but that could just be bad memory, on my part), The only other item installed is Nito Installer.

Do you think the changover to Kodi is the reason my 12.2 is not being recognised as being installed? or upgradable.
The part where is says "from Unknown / Local (Multimedia)" did make me wonder that.
I also re-added the new repo address: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/apt/ios/ (I didn't see any difference from having it named http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/ios/) I was hoping that by changing the repo my copy may be picked up.

any way Ned, if I go into Team-Kodi repo, and choose "All Packages" I am left with "Kodi--iOS" from team Kodi (Multimedia) Kodi for iOS do I just install this or do I need to install both, I.E. "All Packages" and Multimedia as well.

A big thanks to any one reading or replying..... cheers, Sadsack.

oops nearly forgot, Uninstall first or install over, any particular preferences...... (you can see how often I do this)... lol
It doesn't matter which order you install or uninstall or which folder you navigate to. As long as you install "Kodi-iOS" then it should work just fine and update the existing settings.
Thank you for the confirmation and help Ned....

all the best..
sadsack

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update not available through Cydia, any ideas please..0