Choppy playback on x264 / 1080p
I think that both of those videos played perfectly.

On the second file (the transmission stream) , the ticker looked a little jerky but as far as I could tell the live action was perfect.
The first file had lots of movement in it and that certainly played perfectly.

Neither file showed the number of skipped frames continuously increasing, which was a symptom before.

That said, for both films, kodi reported a source frame rate (fr) of 25, rather than 50. I dont think that there has ever been a problem playing files with a frame rate of 25, only HD with a 50 frame rate.
Those were 1080i50 files - so with bobbing you should get 50 fps

Here is another real 1080p50 file: http://solidrun.maltegrosse.de/~fritsch/...0_h264.mkv

50 pgressive frames are not that easy.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
also, using ffmpeg to convert the file that was showing the errors to a framerate of 25 (ie dropping every other frame), but otherwise keeping the parameters the same results in a file the plays prefectly

Just downloaded the last file (1080p50). This one does result in choppy playback and dropped frames.
What about the sample I posted above? Can you share such a 1080p50 file?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I think we crossed messages. You sample caused the problem -- do you still want a sample of mine?
i think the hw is at its limited then :-) not much I can do I think.

Edit: I could not access the dmesg pastebinit. You might want to try 3.18.x from the same source - firmware upgrade is required, e.g.:

Code:
wget http://es.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/l/linux-firmware/linux-firmware_1.140_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i *linux-firmware*deb
No worries -- appreciate your help. At least I know to buy a better APU next time ;-)
^^ see above, we are not yet finished.
I hope you did not force "Lanczos3 Optimized" for those kind of movies? If yes, set scaling to bilinear.
Heres another go at pasting dmesg:

http://pastebin.com/VZ32kqEB
1080p50 works btw. on my oldish E350 with vdpau -> so if newest kernel does not solve it, file a bug at bugs.freedesktop.org, also verify that you don't use fancy scaling when not really scaling.
No fancy scaling set, just bilinear.

I think I got the kernel upgrade wrong, because it wont boot an more -- Ill just go and restore.

Many thanks for you help -- it has been first rate
press "esc" and select the older kernel. Then remove what you had installed.
Btw. just curious - do those work in OpenELEC on your hardware?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy playback on x264 / 1080p0