Can't scan previously empty directory
I've set up SB to download shows I want to keep to one folder called 'tv' with all the shows and seasons below it as expected. I also have shows I only want to watch and delete later downloading to a folder called 'tv-general' with folders and seasons below it. This works very well. I've then got a little sqlite script that finds all watched shows in 'tv-general' and writes a bat script to delete them. I run this and the bat script on a regular basis. This also works very well.

The problem is that if I then download a new episode of one of the tv-general shows, and there were previously no other episodes of that show, kodi won't rescan the folder. So I've got a Goldbergs folders with Season 2 inside of it. This was empty on Monday, and then I downloaded the new ep on Tuesday. The file is physically there, but kodi simply ignores that folder completely. In debug mode, the log shows it scanning everything, but just no mention of the Goldbergs folder.

I put a placeholder.tmp file into each folder so it's never 'empty', but it's made no difference. The only way I can fix it is to remove the 'tv-general' source and re-add it which is a pita plus I lose the ability to sort by added date as everything is re-added on the same day.

I thought I saw a thread about this before, and it was a known issue that had been resolved a long time ago, but I can't find it now. Can anyone help? Would removing the Goldbergs folder when it's empty make any difference?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't scan previously empty directory0