[split] Reporting Kodi Trademark Violations
(2015-01-08, 00:38)Eleazar Coding Wrote: ... they repeatedly use the term "Kodi Addons" whereas as far as I know it should state "Addons for Kodi" or "Kodi Compatible Addons" according to what I've read on the trademark policy. This specifically leads to confusion in terms of what's official and what's third party addons.

They've also failed to include the registered special character next to the first mention of the Kodi on each page. I don't see the required "unofficial site disclaimer" on his homepage.
OMG, the horror!
I'm not saying it's the end of the world, and it wasn't at the top of my list of the worst violators. There is a clear trademark policy in place however, and if people are going to be expected to follow it, it has to be enforced. I wasn't planning on this thread turning into a crazy discussion, just had no other venue to make it known as I've emailed about it and haven't heard back from anyone.
(2015-01-08, 00:44)trogggy Wrote: OMG, the horror!

if you don't have anything to add, then please refrain from commenting. thx!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-01-08, 01:29)ronie Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 00:44)trogggy Wrote: OMG, the horror!

if you don't have anything to add, then please refrain from commenting. thx!
I think my reply communicated clearly that I thought it wasn't a serious issue.
How about if I rephrase:

When I clicked on the site (it's not one I use, last time I looked at it was over 12 months ago) it seemed obvious that it wasn't associated with team-kodi and was a source of unofficial addons. If Team-Kodi feel the need to flex their legal muscles in that type of situation - in order to protect the trademark - then it's a shame but understandable.
Somebody coming from a similar unofficial site (who have long been the subject of complaints re passing-off) pointing out technical violations (if indeed they are) on the forum is - to put it politely - unattractive in my eyes.

I hope that's okay. It's taken out any humour, and is much more aggressive (unnecessarily so) towards the OP's position - but since the original is deemed inappropriate by you it's all I'm left with.
The number of support questions about THEIR addons in OUR forum tells me it is not clear to everybody and it has nothing to do with showing muscles. How about you answer those support issues in the Future instead of assuming Things about team kodis intentions (which have always been evil in the past - you are completly correct)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-01-08, 09:18)Memphiz Wrote: The number of support questions about THEIR addons in OUR forum tells me it is not clear to everybody and it has nothing to do with showing muscles. How about you answer those support issues in the Future instead of assuming Things about team kodis intentions (which have always been evil in the past - you are completly correct)

None of these are their add-ons. SR is just a catch all respiratory of "everything" they can possibly find. I believe the blame is more fairly aimed at other groups and individuals who go out of their way to market XBMC/Kodi as a "get free TV" box.
(2015-01-08, 09:18)Memphiz Wrote: The number of support questions about THEIR addons in OUR forum tells me it is not clear to everybody and it has nothing to do with showing muscles. How about you answer those support issues in the Future instead of assuming Things about team kodis intentions (which have always been evil in the past - you are completly correct)
How about you pointing out the part of my post that was the tiniest bit critical of Team Kodi?

No rush.

And I'm sure there are a great many long-standing members who would be happy to help in dealing with 'those' support questions. Where do I / they sign up?
So that's all cleared up? Good.
Quote: If Team-Kodi feel the need to flex their legal muscles in that type of situation - in order to protect the trademark - then it's a shame but understandable.

amnesia?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Reporting Kodi Trademark Violations0