Win Check which hardware acceleration Kodi is using?
Smile 
Hello,
My graphic chipset is Intel HD Graphic (onboard on the ASRock H67M-GE/HT motherboard).
In Kodi, I went to system > settings > video > acceleration > decoding method and I chose "hardware accelerated". But i'm wondering if this setting is compatible with Intel HD Graphics?
Is it possible to check which hardware acceleration Kodi is using? For example: Intel HD Graphics, Nvidia Cuda, etc... ? I just want to make sure if Intel HD graphics is compatible with Kodi's hardware acceleration function.
Thanks
David
Ihave Intel HD4600 graphics and DXVA2 hardware acceleration works just fine (Helix, Win 8.1).
enable debug logging, play back a video, and then check the Debug Log
Or Hit "o" during Playback - should See something like h264-dxva or similar
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
hi all, thanks for all this info;
memphiz, I tried this, but for which kind of video file could I be able to see "dxva" text?
I tried with a DVD and can't see "dxva"...

EDT: now I tried with another file and I saw it, Smile

Thanks,
-G
iirc only for h.264 content
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
DVD never uses hw acceleration
Thanks for the info. So no hardware acceleration for blurays?? Will it be available when Kodi fully supports blurays??
DVD != Bluray. There is hw acceleration for Blurays.
If I remember rightly it was only hardware acceleration for standard definition mpeg2 that was turned off so it affects SD Live TV as well, however high definition mpeg2 is unaffected and is still hardware accelerated.
(2015-01-18, 13:26)jjd-uk Wrote: If I remember rightly it was only hardware acceleration for standard definition mpeg2 that was turned off so it affects SD Live TV as well, however high definition mpeg2 is unaffected and is still hardware accelerated.

this is not correct.

explanation: it was turned off for DVDs because of still frames like in DVD menus which hw decoders have trouble with.
It was this PR I was thinking of https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3417

Unless I've misunderstood (in which case I'm sorry for the confusion) it was turned off for all SD mpeg2.
This change was reverted and only applied to dxva as dead code Smile means those lines of code are never executed
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/e972...bf687d5674
In that case sorry for the noise

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Check which hardware acceleration Kodi is using?0