2 Questions...
- Is it possible to directly link to a "view by" option in the music library, similar to the way you would link to a bookmark in the files view? I'm assuming not since there aren't unique windows for artist, album, etc. but I'm making sure I'm not missing something.

- How would I create a link straight to the "root" level of a media section? For example: When I use <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(myvideofiles)</onclick>
with no bookmark specified, I am taken to the last accessed bookmark rather than the main video files directory. Can I bypass the "remembering" function?

Thanks! I know these are probably pretty simple questions, but I've just caught the "skinning bug" and can't find the answers elsewhere (I'm sure the answers are out there, but I'm not sure of the right terms to search to find them.)
1. Yes you can.

XBMC.ActivateWindow(mymusiclibrary, <location>), where location can be:

Genres
Artists
Albums
Songs
Top100Songs
Top100Albums
RecentlyAddedAlbums
RecentlyPlayedAlbums
Compilations
Playlists

2. Hmm, I'm not sure but I bet you cant jump to the root listing of the "file" views today. I'll have to look at that and add it if its missing.

**edit**
No, it doesnt look possible. I'll add code to allow $ROOT as a special token in addition to $PLAYLISTS. I'll also add just "Root" to the Music Library window as well.

Are there any other special locations that need to be taken into account?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Will that be added for all modules?

I can't think of any other special locations that you can't already get to.

Thank you!

How cool is it that a user can ask for a change and have it implemented so quickly? This is seriously one of the best pieces of software I've ever used, and for everyone in the community to have such an immediate impact and influence over its development and evolution is incredible. I hope you guys all get rich some day!
Yeah, I'll add it to all the media windows (except for the video library ones which dont support paths at all). I'm taking a short holiday but it should be in CVS on the weekend.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 Questions...0