You need any help?
hi all.
i'm new to xbox development, and am really interested in helping out in xbmc. i have a couple of little things i would like to do, such as seperating programs from games listed in my programs, and having those items configurable to be hidden.
i was wondering if you guys needed any help with the project. i have vs.net 2003, but don't have the xdk. i can get it though.
just let me know what i should do from here.
thanks,
knubile
sure, any help is welcome. Smile
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
Exclamation 
(knubile @ mar. 15 2004,06:10 Wrote:seperating programs from games listed in my programs, and having those items configurable to be hidden.
that option would be nice (if optional), many people also requested simple options to hide items in the main menu, such as "my weather" Image
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
so what do i do from here? i've been programming for 5 years now, in a team environment, but i've never worked on a sourceforge project before.
i read i should use wincvs.
how does your check in/out procedure go. is there some sort of standard way of doing it for sourceforge projects? is there documentation somewhere?'

thanks
(knubile @ mar. 15 2004,13:19 Wrote:so what do i do from here? i've been programming for 5 years now,  in a team environment, but i've never worked on a sourceforge project before.
i read i should use wincvs.
how does your check in/out procedure go. is there some sort of standard way of doing it for sourceforge projects? is there documentation somewhere?'

thanks
i use tortoisecvs as it has better functionality than wincvs.
your first step should be to get a cvs client and grab the code from sourceforge. you'll have to use the anonymous server for the moment.
once you have the code have a look through it and familiarise yourself with it somewhat then find something you want to improve/add and get coding. Wink
once you have something good you can submit it as a patch on sourceforge (probably a good idea to prod someone to add it on irc or here).
check in/out is a bit weird on cvs - there's no explicit checkout, only checkin (aka commit). you can't commit via the anon server though - you need access to the main project server for that.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(butcher @ mar. 15 2004,14:00 Wrote:once you have something good you can submit it as a patch on sourceforge
patches can be submitted here on here on sourceforge (and/or here if patch if over 255kb), a team-dev will then test and add it to cvs
great. thanks guys.
i'll get familiar with the code, then tackle some minor change, like hiding menus.
everything is written in c++ right?
does the xdk support other .net languages also?
actually. i'm having a problem getting the xdk. i thought it would be in the usual places, but it's not. can somebody pm me or email me?
(knubile @ mar. 15 2004,16:17 Wrote:everything is written in c++ right?
does the xdk support other .net languages also?
xbmc gui is written in c++, xbmc core and some other libraries are in written in c. no, xdk do not support other .net languages.

ps! please respect that even coders must follow the forum rules and not ask for retail software etc. on these forums, tia.
sorry about that. i guess the xdk can't be obtained from microsoft? do you have to register with them and/or buy it from them?
i checked out the xbox dev site. it doesn't look like i'll be able to obtain the xdk. my business isn't a game development business, so i'm sure they won't provide an xdk.
sorry guys. i have no way of obtaining the xdk, so i guess that means i can't help out.
i'll just sit tight and check out the updates you all come up with.
good luck, and congratulations on creating such a fantastic application. i'm impressed.
for reference, only c++ and c are supported for xbox (and asm).

(knubile @ mar. 15 2004,19:32 Wrote:i checked out the xbox dev site. it doesn't look like i'll be able to obtain the xdk. my business isn't a game development business, so i'm sure they won't provide an xdk.
sorry guys. i have no way of obtaining the xdk, so i guess that means i can't help out.
i'll just sit tight and check out the updates you all come up with.
good luck, and congratulations on creating such a fantastic application. i'm impressed.
well i think i will get pretty close to break the forum rules myself now...

but i doubt any of the devs in xbox homebrew scene bought the xdk. Image
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
[edit by mod: that is not allowed, crossing the line]

Smile 
sorry!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
You need any help?0