Quicktime HD
I read recently on this forum, that someone wanted to play Quicktime HD trailers with Xbox Media Center, and then someone replied saying that the new codec/H264 is to difficult to put on, or something similar.

I've been messing around trying to figure it out, moving components and quicktime files over to the xbmc, but no luck as of yet.

But when I transfered a couple HD trailers over, I pressed the white button, and played it with 'dvd player' and the video plays fine, but no audio. does anyone know what type of audio the new quicktime HD is?

I dont have a HD tv, just a regular 1024*768 res 29", but the video part played perfect.

-HamishT
what exactly is a TV which is not HD but has a resolution of 1024x768Huh
When I use my TV out card, it says my TV has a max resolution of 1024x768.
hamisht there is elements to the specification for AVC/H.264 that is problematic for the hardware capabilities of the XBOX to decode. It is possible to encode AVC for xbox using specific settings so in some cases like yours it may work - depending on the media itself.

Apple like AAC audio, and are part of the licensees' within the patent pool for AAC.
Reencoding to XviD at about 4000kbps will do the trick. There are various audio tools out there that will split the audio and covert to ac3 or DTS as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quicktime HD0