SmallStepBack/BigStepBack and StepForward/BigStepForward seek for music?
Question 
I'm missing the feature to step forward and back when playing music in fullscreen mode. (I tried to assign the StepForward function but it doesn't do anything). Is this is very difficult to implement?
As you know, we use digipad L/R to go prev/next track, so those are taken (more important than seek I'd say). Similarly the digipad U/D are taken (change viz preset). So where would you suggest we map seek to controller ?

BTW - You do know you can use right thumbstick L/R to seek very nice with ?

Situation is similar with the standard xbox dvd remote.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I use the remote. I skip tracks with the Skip buttons. I want the Forward and Reverse buttons to jump 10 or 20 sec instead of playing x2, x4 etc. I find the current functionality to be annoyingly slow when you're trying to jump ahead a couple of minutes in a song.

You don't have to change the default key config if you don't agree with this, but I'd love to have the option.

(The thumbstick seek is extremely nice but obviously wouldn't work as well on the digital remote).
Smile 
So Pike, what's the sentence for this feature? Straight to death row?

How difficult would it be to implement?
Paplayer (the music player) doesn't implement the functions for bigskip etc.

See paplayer.h/cpp and implement the Seek() command based on what is in CMplayer::Seek() and CDVDPlayer::Seek().

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Any news on this? I didn't find a hint if it is implemented yet.
... sorry I want to know if this has been changed at all? Fast Forward and Rewind sound like... well reminds me of cassette tapes... which I've never used. I have some multiple hour long audio files and not being able to seek in any way is a dealbreaker.

It sounds like something that'd be pretty easy to code, and I'd be up for it but... it be much easier for someone who's already got all the code in front of them and familiar with it...
+1 for this
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
1+ for this

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SmallStepBack/BigStepBack and StepForward/BigStepForward seek for music?0