Just upgraded to Kodi, now crashes when playing back videos
Hi,

Sorry if this has already been covered, I have had a look through the forum in the past 24 hours to see if I can find an answer but I'm no further forward; even after a full uninstall and reinstall of Kodi, I still have this problem.

99% of the time when I am playing a video back, it will play for an undefined length of time before freezing then crashing back to desktop with an error message saying Kodi has stopped responding.

The stats:

Kodi 14.0
Windows 7 Professional (32 bit)
Intel Core i3-2100 CPU 3.1GHz with 2GB of RAM
On board graphics, outputting via HDMI to my Sony 48" TV and sound coming from on board audio, outputting through the analog jack of a Sony soundbar.

The Debug log is here, I have a crash dump in .dmp format too but I have nothing to open it with that makes any sense so I can post the 200kb file if needed. I ran the file that caused this specific fault through MediaInfo (it plays without issue on XBMC 13.2 and via VLC), that info is here.

I would really appreciate if anyone has any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong. Like I say, XBMC 13.2 worked like a dream for me - and I have been using every version since 9.0 without any problem. This has me stumped though!!!

Many thanks

GE

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just upgraded to Kodi, now crashes when playing back videos0