Bug Kodi over second display
Hello, first time posting, but long term learker.

So essentially speaking, I LOVE Kodi, coming from XBMC its great to have software that will do what I'd like. But I just thought I'd post this bug here, please forgive me if there is a similar thread.

Here is what I'm running:

Kodi 14.0
Windows 8.1 (compatibility mode in 8 with high DPI disabled)

Essentially, I am running Kodi on my laptop currently, it works out great! However, I have this strange problem. Every time my TV powers off, then back on Kodi will keep displaying on the second screen...but when I play a video it will change to my laptop screen. I have to exit out of Kodi and start it back up, then it'll work normally. I am connecting over HDMI, and was wondering if there is something I'm missing.
Sounds like you might have different res between windowed mode and full screen mode? The order in all this is important. Start your extended screen fist, then Kodi in windowed mode, drag window into second screen and start to play a video. Hit the \ 'slash' key to go full screen and hopefully the display will stay on the second screen. Turning off the TV will cause loss of handshaking of the HDPC, and the display pops back to primary. Because Kodi remembers last screen position you're stuck.

Keeping the HDMI blind would work in your favour. Ran into this thread, which mentions a hardware fix on the HDMI cable, might solve the issue for you. http://kodi.wiki/view/HDMI

4.1 HDMI pin 19 trick

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=94022
I'll look into it, but its funny cause XBMC worked just fine I didn't have to close out XBMC every single time I had to turn on the TV. Its frustrating.
I suspect if you switch the primary single display over to the TV, then turn off the TV, the display will stay. Some gfx cards have the option to switch primary vs secondary on a hot key whihc may do the trick for you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi over second display0