AAC Capable Receiver?
My receiver just broke, now I have to buy a new one.

How can I find out if new receiver is AAC capable?

was looking at this one http://www.onkyousa.com/Products/model.p...=prodClass

it list this for Streaming Media ((WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, OggVorbis, AAC Stereo, Apple Lossless, DSD 5.6 MHz, LPCM))

does this mean it will work with Kodi, or is that for Internet Radio only.
It doesn't seem that useful if it only does AAC Stereo 2.0. You could just decode that to PCM and even the cheapest AVR could play it fine. I imagine it's AAC 5.1 or better that you'd want support for.
No AVR can receive a AAC bitstream over HDMI if that's what you were thinking.

When AVR's state AAC support this means that they can receive AAC via the network interface from either a UPnP/DLNA server/app or one of the streaming services it supports.
(2015-01-19, 19:38)jjd-uk Wrote: No AVR can receive a AAC bitstream over HDMI if that's what you were thinking.

When AVR's state AAC support this means that they can receive AAC via the network interface from either a UPnP/DLNA server/app or one of the streaming services it supports.

thats, thats what I worried about, any idea why?
There is absolutely no point in bitstreaming formats such as AAC that's why, whether the AVR or the ource device does the decoding, the end result has to be the same to produce sound and that's PCM audio. Since it does not matter which end does the decoding to PCM, as there is no impact on the quality of the final sound, then for simplicity HDMI will only transmit PCM hence the decoding is always done by the source device.

Exactly the same applies for other audio only formats such as fmp3, flac, & ape.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AAC Capable Receiver?0