Files aren't added with video source in Kodi (helix 14)
This is not a scraping issue... I am having trouble getting Kodi to actually see all my files when I add a video source.

I have a network drive setup (Z:\ in this case). I add Z:\movies as a video source. There are about 400 movies in this directory. It only sees 110 of my movies. It gets them alphabetically and just stops in the movies that start with "F". It scrapes and loads these 110 movies just fine, but it never sees the rest of my movies.

I've uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled. I added/removed the video source multiple times. I tried adding the source as a different drive (X:\) and I tried just using the share path (\\myfileserver\movies). It's like there's an arbitrary limit of 110 movies set somewhere. If I delete/move one of my movies in the A-F range, it actually grabs the next movie in line but still only shows the top 110 movies (alphabetically).

I checked the logs and there are no errors. It just stops after it loads the last "F" movie as if that's all it's supposed to be doing.

I downgraded to XBMC and everything works correctly. All 400 files are loaded (and also they are scraped properly).
There is no limit, so something is tripping it up. Can you enable debug logging and perform the scan again with Kodi?
As side note: Kodi is designed to work directly with network shares. It's recommended to add sources as network path, not as mounted network drive.
I'm afraid this will get buried before I can uninstall xbmc, reinstall kodi, and recreate the issue. Bad timing on my part, but I'll be lucky if I can get that done tonight.

I have tried the debug log and it doesn't give any errors. It just doesn't acknowledge that there are any more files in the directory. It doesn't say "hey I'm stopping at 110 files even though there's 400 because of reasons". It just says "hey I loaded those 110 files and that's all there is, kthxbye."

I'll try to get a debug log here later though.
Here's a link to the debug log on pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/YNJ4sDJG

All I did was enable debugging and add the new file source. I didn't even tell it to scan for new content. Any of the videos in there are all in the early part of the alphabet, but as you can see I have videos in... the whole alphabet: http://imgur.com/7vGArv3.png
Might be an archive issue, try toggling in settings>video>file list>extract thumbnails and video information
I was playing around some more and this doesn't seem to be an issue exclusive to Kodi. If I use Windows Explorer to open the drive, I see all my files. If I open a command prompt and get a directory listing, I only get the 110 files (instead of the 400 I am expecting).

So... Windows 8 doesn't support a network drive with over 110 files? That seems arbitrary. If I move the top 110 files out of that directory, it just grabs the next 110 files.

Kodi and "dir" think I have 110 files in the directory. XBMC and Windows Explorer see all 400 files. This is crazy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Files aren't added with video source in Kodi (helix 14)0