USTVNow will NOT work! ARGHHH!!
Ok, so I apologize if this has been covered before or elsewhere but I have been working at this for days on end and I've totally run out of ideas...

No matter what I try, I cannot get USTVNow to work in xbmc/Kodi. I have searched an insane number of forums and threads searching for an answer. Here is what I have tried:

- Upgraded from XBMC Frodo to Gotham
- Upgraded from XBMC Gotham to Kodi
- Installed numerous versions of USTVNow from several different sources (from 0.3.1 to 9.9.9).
- Tried lowering the quality settings and changing the stream type in USTVNow configuraton.
- Returned all USTVNow settings to defaults
- Rebooted about100 times after trying various options
- Tried accessing with different USTVNow accounts
- Installed ftv guide to try and get USTVNow streams from there
- Searched every forum and topic I can find
- Watched and followed every youtube video on the topic
- Uploaded log file to look for issues.

The only thing I can think of is some sort of conflict between USTVNow and the IPTVSimple PVR client but so far NOTHING is working... any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated as I am out of ideas, patience and my wife is growing tired of this issue consuming my life.
What account are you using for USTVNow? If you use the default one supplied with the addon it will not work. You must sign up with the service (free for the basic network options) and enter your info in the settings.
I have my own account. I have entered the username and password I used to sign up with at ustvnow.com. I have a free account which should limit me to 6 channels or so but there are many more listed when I open the addon. Unfortunately, none of them will stream.
I have found that the extra channels are only listed when you are not logged in properly.
yeah. I don't understand that though. I have logged in to my account on my computer with no problem... I've used the same username and password for the addon but the streaming issue remains.
(2015-01-24, 21:01)locoguano Wrote: I have found that the extra channels are only listed when you are not logged in properly.
Correct, full list of channels on a free account is a good indicator that you are not sign in.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Any thoughts on what the issue is then? As I said, I've signed in with the same login and password from my computer with no problem. This login and password are correct but I cannot access the streams. I've checked and re-checked to make sure the login email address and password were correct.

Could it be anything else?

SOLVED. I did it by changing my password. I logged into my USTVNow account using the user name and password I knew to be correct and changed the password to something else. Addon now works. I honestly didn't even think of simply changing the password because I knew the credentials I was placing into the addon were correct.

In any case, thanks for the replies and assistance. Greatly appreciated.... can't believe it took days to figure that out! ugh!
Glad you finally got it working. I was going to add that it is working good on my Crystalbuntu ATV1's, not that would have helped you much.

One of the thing I will say about USTVNOW is that they seem to be rather bandwidth constrained at times. During the college football national championship game (yea Bucks!) on ESPN, I had to lower the BW setting down to 400 Kbps and even then I was seeing dropouts. I'm sure they were getting hammered pretty hard. At least it was watchable.
Good information to know… thanks for the heads up. I mainly wanted USTVNow to work with ftv Guide. Working like a charm now… can't imagine it will be very useful for watching the Super Bowl this Sunday though! lol
(2015-01-29, 01:54)missionaborted Wrote: Good information to know… thanks for the heads up. I mainly wanted USTVNow to work with ftv Guide. Working like a charm now… can't imagine it will be very useful for watching the Super Bowl this Sunday though! lol

Whenever I watch NFL game in this addon it's always constantly buffering. Looks like server load is too high during this time because any other time all channels work just fine...
I had installed USTVNOW on Kodi 14.2 on my Linux/Mint system, but when I open it (with my email and password inserted into the addon settings) I see no channels listed at all. Is this a joke? I can log in through a browser, but wanted to use Kodi for it.

Later I discovered that it works fine under Windows (8.1) on the same Yoga 2 Pro, but fails completely under Linux/Mint/Cinnamon

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USTVNow will NOT work! ARGHHH!!0