[RELEASE] CBSN News Live
is anyone experiencing a problem where the live feed will freeze for a few seconds and then turn off every time the feed begins that 120(?) second countdown as the news takes a break and shows a roundup of news.
i can then turn it back on an it continues as normal, but for some reason it turns off for me at that point every single time.
I am having the same issue. When it goes to the break with a countdown the stream freezes after a few seconds. Does this on both my Openelec Pi and Ubuntu PC. I can also access this stream through a playon plugin and notice that at that same point of the break countdown the playon plugin will switch to a commercial. Not sure if it is related to the issue but thought it worth mentioning.
Is this legal? If so, how?
It is legal because it is available to all thru a browser.
(2016-06-05, 02:08)OTinley Wrote: It is legal because it is available to all thru a browser.

That doesn’t necessarily make it legal. Bootlegged movies are available through a browser, but that doesn’t make them legal.
Now you are just trolling.
(2016-05-22, 15:23)wookietv Wrote: is anyone experiencing a problem where the live feed will freeze for a few seconds and then turn off every time the feed begins that 120(?) second countdown as the news takes a break and shows a roundup of news.
i can then turn it back on an it continues as normal, but for some reason it turns off for me at that point every single time.

I am having the same problem on Openelec on a Intel NUC. Freezes around 120sec as it shows on the screen during break, and stops. It's does this in the exact same spot during a break, a few seconds in.

Otherwise it's a great add-on.
Desktop / Media Server: Win10 x64, ThermalTake Commander G42 case, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Intel Core i5 4460 3.20GHz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX750, CM M 1000w, 8GB GSkill, Samsung SSD 840 Pro 120GB, 2x WD Black 1TB RAID 1, WD 6TB + WD 4TB spanned, single 3TB

Intel NUC with Openelec in TV room.
also having the same issue on Windows 7.

anyone pull a debug log yet?
(2016-07-06, 04:30)gitman Wrote: also having the same issue on Windows 7.

anyone pull a debug log yet?

I notice that if you watch through the official website, this break does not occur. It occurs through every Kodi addon, however.
Would love to have a fix.
As of yesterday I no longer see CBSN in the add-ons list. Has it been removed?
(2016-07-12, 20:53)swegian Wrote: As of yesterday I no longer see CBSN in the add-ons list. Has it been removed?
Yes
Thanks for the quick answer.
Will this add-on be coming back or has it been removed permanently? Was the add-on determined to be improper in some way?
(2016-07-13, 01:56)swegian Wrote: Thanks for the quick answer.
Will this add-on be coming back or has it been removed permanently? Was the add-on determined to be improper in some way?

Looks like a takedown request was made.
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Xumo Play | DistroTV | Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
This comment is in no way directed at learningit or the admins here, but how lame is this? CBS creates a FREE, online only news channel, and then complains when people actually want to watch it??

Understand completely why the addon was pulled. Don't understand at all why the demand was made to do so. This is almost as lame as when Hulu deliberately sabotaged the ability to use their service through Kodi (or XBMC, as it was then known)
Git link no longer exists, any one mind giving me the latest version? Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] CBSN News Live1