[RELEASE] CBSN News Live
(2016-08-03, 19:00)Yare Wrote: Git link no longer exists, any one mind giving me the latest version? Thanks.

If you just want the Live Stream functionality that the add-on was providing, here's what the add-on was loading:

http://cbsnews-linear.mdialog.com/video_...&rebase=on

If you don't know what to do with that URL in order to make CBSN Live feed stream in Kodi, read through the following thread:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=169274

Personally, I don't see why anyone would really miss CBSN, but other Kodi users that I know personally have asked me what happened; all of them being too lazy or non-technical to check for themselves. Most of them just wanted to be able to keep streaming the CBSN live feed in KODI. This solution respects KODI and the add-on's author "take down" of the source code while still providing CBSN viewers a reasonable way to still view the CBSN live stream within Kodi.

Just be aware that this still might be violating CBSN's copyright claim since you won't being one of CBSN's "official" methods for viewing the content.
(2016-08-08, 20:03)jbecker Wrote:
(2016-08-03, 19:00)Yare Wrote: Git link no longer exists, any one mind giving me the latest version? Thanks.

If you just want the Live Stream functionality that the add-on was providing, here's what the add-on was loading:

http://cbsnews-linear.mdialog.com/video_...&rebase=on

If you don't know what to do with that URL in order to make CBSN Live feed stream in Kodi, read through the following thread:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=169274

Personally, I don't see why anyone would really miss CBSN, but other Kodi users that I know personally have asked me what happened; all of them being too lazy or non-technical to check for themselves. Most of them just wanted to be able to keep streaming the CBSN live feed in KODI. This solution respects KODI and the add-on's author "take down" of the source code while still providing CBSN viewers a reasonable way to still view the CBSN live stream within Kodi.

Just be aware that this still might be violating CBSN's copyright claim since you won't being one of CBSN's "official" methods for viewing the content.

Thank you very much for the source. It works very well, I wish we could have access to segment streams like the original Add-on did. Maybe there is RSS somewhere?

I am one of those who actually miss CBSN segments on Kodi, it was one of my go-to news sources, especially their CBS Evening News segments.

I got CBS News on my Roku but it's just terrible. Presentation is terrible, the quality is bad, it's full of irrelevant commercials that you cannot pass. It's just horrible.
CBSN was one of the reason I kept my Fire TV Stick because I could watch the news uninterrupted and comfortably. It sucks that we cannot get official app without commercials even though we pay $75 for cable! Amazing.
CBSN has been working flawlessly for me on my Mac and it's a great source for news. This week I decided to reinstall Kodi from scratch and was very disappointed to find that CBSN had been dropped from the Kodi Addons. From my experience there is absolutely no reason to have dropped CBSN.
Can I put this add-on in my repository?

Mrknow
(2016-11-10, 02:14)mrknow Wrote: Can I put this add-on in my repository?

Mrknow

No. This add-on is no longer available.
@learningit: If you have an older backup of files, one that was created when CBSN was available and that included kodi files, you can just copy the two deleted addon folders that are needed for CBSN and put them in your new kodi addon location. When I did that I got CBSN back without any problems.
As the original add-on author, I am closing this thread as further conversation is unnecessary.
With the removal of the add-on from the kodi.org repo I will no longer be offering or maintaining this add-on.
This add-on has been removed from the kodi.org repo at the request of the content provider.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] CBSN News Live1