streaming my webcam to my xbox????
Hi everybody
I want to connect a webcam to my computer (xp pro) and to use a software that i can strem with it to to internet in a way that i can see it on my xbox via xbmc

i found a few s/w that upstream it to the net but the xbmc could not show the video format (mpeg 4 i think)

has anybody tried it before? is ther a script that can do this?

i just want to see whatever my webcam is getting on the xbox

tnx
deadbit
the key thing here is all a matter of the software you use. the camera by itself doesn't do anything. ideally you would need software which generated some sort of standard video stream which was then served via HTTP. XBMC should be able to display that stream provided you use the correct URL.
what software were you using that was putting out an MPG4 stream? this SHOULD work with XBMC AFAIK.
forgot to mention, the other option is one most webcams provide for, where instead of serving a proper video stream it just serves a new static image every 30 seconds or so. i suspect Nukka or someone could put you onto the right code to do this as it's dead simple in principle (reload image X, wait Y seconds, repeat)
vlc could probably do this.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

+1 for VLC software

Some tutorials but french ones... anyway, it is very easy using VLC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
streaming my webcam to my xbox????0