XNS support added back in --- please
I have been running xbmc for several years and before that xbmp and I love the work you have done.

In march you removed xns support saying it was buggy and redundant, yet it seems the thing that worked best on my system. I have multiple hd's on a linux system with a movie directory containing alot of links to files on other dirs and it seems other systems have problems with this. I have tried smb,upnp and ftp and have had issues with each. Admittedly have not been able to get ccx to compile for some reason which likely means it is the solution.

Up until recently I had been using an old version of xbmc that still had xns support but unfort. imdb went and changed their site and I am unable to get cast info - not a big deal I know but you great product has spoiled me into liking that info.

Would it please be possible to have xns support enabled again.

Please

Shane

Sorry just noticed as well - tried using ftp and you can't scan which makes sense since its not a media server but guess it rules out another method.
It'll be happily added back in if you are volunteering to fix it and support it in the future.

It was removed for a simple reason: It was buggy, and noone was prepared to support it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

what makes SMB insufficient?
Well i can go through folders and see files, but when i try to play them it just fails to play them. Admittedly it is highly likely it is my own incompetence in setting up samba.
Will give it another go as I have little to no programming abilities so the chances of being able to fix it and support it are likely slim lol.
we will NOT add back a old, broken protocol just because you can't configure samba. sorry

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XNS support added back in --- please0