DAAP support with more than one port
Hi I've got a copy of Firefly Media Server (aka mt-daap0 running on my server which hosts several daap libraries on different ports. I'm able to access these from itunes and a Roku Soundbridge. Is there any way of adding support for more than one shared library on a server?

Thanks
Peter
have you tried specifying the port # in the bookmark?
Yep - I have daap libraries at port 3689 (default port) and 3688. Whichever bookmark I go for shows what's shared in the 3689 library:
Code:
<bookmark>
            <name>Alphabetical</name>
            <!-- only use an IP address here !-->
            <path>daap://192.168.1.34:3689</path>
         </bookmark>
         <bookmark>
            <name>Various</name>
            <!-- only use an IP address here !-->
            <path>daap://192.168.1.34:3688</path>
         </bookmark>

Peter
it's possible we don't handle the port properly... but why do you store them on different ports? can't mt-daap hold multiple databases on same server instance? (when i think about it, i'm not sure we even support that. think we might allways go for the first database.)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yes it can - but you have to run two instances of Firefly (this is Windows serving) serving on different ports, and pointing at different folders. From my presumption, the daap client part of xbmc is always going for the default port, and specifying the port in the path has no affect.

Peter
Hi, I am also looking for a solution to the port problem when using firefly.

At first glance FileDaap.cpp seems to support any port

Code:
if(!m_url.HasPort())
    m_url.SetPort(DAAP_PORT);

But perhaps DAAPDirectory.cpp needs to have it's urls changed to include the port number...?

Code:
#define REQUEST42 "daap://%s/databases/%i/items/%i.%s?session-id=%i&revision-id=%i"
#define REQUEST45 "daap://%s/databases/%i/items/%i.%s?session-id=%i"

If thats it, then it should just be a case of checking if there is a port on the incoming url, and adding it to the ones being built.

Or if I am way off base, sorry for the interruption =)

Cheers, and thanks for all the fantastic work.
Elliot

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DAAP support with more than one port0