Indication of a good case ITX
(2015-02-06, 20:25)Dougie Fresh Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 14:33)mparadiso Wrote: Hi Dougie Fresh,

Did yesterday found the cases that you spoke.
The motherboard which to use will be a J1800i MSI, Gigabyte or ASRock or J1900i from MSI.
From what I read this board has low power consumption and low heats.
How will I put 2 HDD (SSD another 1 HHD 2.5), I thought I'd add at least one fan.
The only annoying point is that this motherboard does not have PCI socket Mini. I q ue your card has but in Brazil there is still no such plate.
Ideally have a case with PCI output to add a wirelles board. As found nothing so I will have to use a USB wireless adapter.
I enjoyed the two chassis but I think the SH-55 model would not be good because of the 2 HDD. I think it might end up overheating.
What is your opinion as you have a motherboard similar to what I use ?

The Iwill SH-55 is best used with motherboards like the ASRock Q1900DC-ITX or ASUS H81T/CSM that have a DC-DC powersupply built into the motherboard, similar to the W60.

The Realan E-Q8 is a bit bigger than the SH-55 (more like the W80) though the same style and has a DC-DC powerboard built-in so you could use the other motherboards you mentioned with that one.

The big issue is all the wires and managing them so there's at least some airflow.

Heat won't be an issue with a laptop drive and a SSD without a fan. If you've ever looked inside a laptop. the HDD and/or SSD doesn't have a fan. But, there will be a lot of wires in there though, so you'll have to manage them well. There is one fan in the SH-55 so if you did notice some heat problem (mine runs completely fanless and doesn't even get warm to the touch) you could use it.

I've used both the J1800 and J1900 CPUs. I noticed a difference that the J1900 just felt faster. If you have the budget get the J1900.

You can also find the SH-55 and E-Q8 on eBay. You will only need the 60W versions. In my testing, the system with the J1900 doesn't even hit 20W at full load.

Hello Dougie Fresh,

Do you think that a power supply of only 60W would be enough? But what would be the total energy consumption with the settings that pass?
Is there any problem to put a power supply of 90W or 120W?
90W or 120W would cause no problems. It would just be a waste of your money. You could use a 1000W PSU if you wanted.
(2015-02-09, 14:42)mparadiso Wrote:
(2015-02-06, 20:25)Dougie Fresh Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 14:33)mparadiso Wrote: Hi Dougie Fresh,

Did yesterday found the cases that you spoke.
The motherboard which to use will be a J1800i MSI, Gigabyte or ASRock or J1900i from MSI.
From what I read this board has low power consumption and low heats.
How will I put 2 HDD (SSD another 1 HHD 2.5), I thought I'd add at least one fan.
The only annoying point is that this motherboard does not have PCI socket Mini. I q ue your card has but in Brazil there is still no such plate.
Ideally have a case with PCI output to add a wirelles board. As found nothing so I will have to use a USB wireless adapter.
I enjoyed the two chassis but I think the SH-55 model would not be good because of the 2 HDD. I think it might end up overheating.
What is your opinion as you have a motherboard similar to what I use ?

The Iwill SH-55 is best used with motherboards like the ASRock Q1900DC-ITX or ASUS H81T/CSM that have a DC-DC powersupply built into the motherboard, similar to the W60.

The Realan E-Q8 is a bit bigger than the SH-55 (more like the W80) though the same style and has a DC-DC powerboard built-in so you could use the other motherboards you mentioned with that one.

The big issue is all the wires and managing them so there's at least some airflow.

Heat won't be an issue with a laptop drive and a SSD without a fan. If you've ever looked inside a laptop. the HDD and/or SSD doesn't have a fan. But, there will be a lot of wires in there though, so you'll have to manage them well. There is one fan in the SH-55 so if you did notice some heat problem (mine runs completely fanless and doesn't even get warm to the touch) you could use it.

I've used both the J1800 and J1900 CPUs. I noticed a difference that the J1900 just felt faster. If you have the budget get the J1900.

You can also find the SH-55 and E-Q8 on eBay. You will only need the 60W versions. In my testing, the system with the J1900 doesn't even hit 20W at full load.

Hello Dougie Fresh,

Do you think that a power supply of only 60W would be enough? But what would be the total energy consumption with the settings that pass?
Is there any problem to put a power supply of 90W or 120W?

Hello Dougie Fresh,

You know let me know what is the TDP of this setting?
The only thing I know is that the motherboard power consumption is 10W. I have no idea consumption adding other peripherals.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Indication of a good case ITX0