Code:
arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
over_voltage=2
force_turbo=1

It boots normally with
Code:
dtoverlay=sdhost,overclock_50=84
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
I guess 100 is too much for your SD card - the supported maximum varies from card to card, and 100 isn't guaranteed for everyone.

However, I was under the impression that in the event of too high an overclock, the sdhost driver would scale back the overclock until it determined a workable frequency - see release note in #0619.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I use slightly overclock my pi2 with milhouse setttings, without force turbo:
gpu_mem=320

arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
over_voltage=4
force_turbo=1

gpu_freq=400
v3d_freq=300
avoid_pwm_pll=1

I play this movie:
Video length..: 02:17:06
Size..........: 10.04GB
Video codec...: AVC - [email protected]
Framerate.....: 25.000
Bitrate.......: 10.4 Mbps
Resolution....: 1920*1080
Aspect ratio..: 1.78:1 (16:9)
MPEG-2 Audio..: HUN 256 Kbps 2.0

And the core temp slightly raise to 67 C. Is this normal?
The i play other mkv movies with 23.976 fps :
29GB
Video: [AVC] [email protected], Untouched, 1920x1080, 23.976 fps
Audio: [AC3/DTS-HD MA] HuN 5.1 384, EnG 7.1 4677
Subtitle: [SRT] HuN + Forced, EnG
Chapters: Included
And the core temp slightly cool down to 53 C.

This core temps are normals? Why raising the temperature with the first movie ?
(2015-11-29, 21:42)envagyok Wrote: And the core temp slightly raise to 67 C. Is this normal?

That is still a low temperature. As long as you are not reaching 85'C then there is nothing to worry about.
i just overclocked my PI2 to make openelec feel a bit snappier.I got the settings i used in my config.txt from this thread but now i seem to be getting that little colored raspberry square in the right top corner pretty much constantly during video playback. what exactly does that PI colored square mean and why is it buffering or whatever all the time when overclocked with these settings?

arm_freq=1000
sdram_freq=500
core_freq=500
over_voltage=1
gpu_mem=320
force_turbo=1
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2015-11-30, 20:30)dukester Wrote: i just overclocked my PI2 to make openelec feel a bit snappier.I got the settings i used in my config.txt from this thread but now i seem to be getting that little colored raspberry square in the right top corner pretty much constantly during video playback. what exactly does that PI colored square mean and why is it buffering or whatever all the time when overclocked with these settings?

Under-voltage warning. You need a better power supply.
Here my current setup. I never turn it off. I live in Florida so it's in AC 24/7 Wink
watch gallery
Where did you get the openelec overclocking tool for the rpi?

Very interested in that

thanks
n
(2016-03-18, 13:22)nick w Wrote: Where did you get the openelec overclocking tool for the rpi?

I suspect it's Leopold's config.txt add-on:
http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-p...config-txt
(2016-03-18, 13:41)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-03-18, 13:22)nick w Wrote: Where did you get the openelec overclocking tool for the rpi?

I suspect it's Leopold's config.txt add-on:
http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-p...config-txt

awesome. thanks
So far, I have been running the RPi2 without over-clocking. I face some issues, which may be solved by over-clocking. Three questions:

1) Has there been a commonly agreed standard overclock setting?

2) Is the overclock addon available for LibreE or can someone point me to where to add the config.txt manually

3) Not related to over-clock, but given that I touch the config.txt. Are the VC1/mpeg2 bought codecs device specific. I upgraded from RPi1 to RPi2 and wonder whether I need to buy them again or can use the old ones?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2016-05-08, 09:03)steve1977 Wrote: 3) Not related to over-clock, but given that I touch the config.txt. Are the VC1/mpeg2 bought codecs device specific. I upgraded from RPi1 to RPi2 and wonder whether I need to buy them again or can use the old ones?

Yes - they are tied to the serial number of your individual Pi. If you change your Pi you will need to buy new codec licences for it.
(2016-05-08, 09:03)steve1977 Wrote: 2) Is the overclock addon available for LibreE or can someone point me to where to add the config.txt manually

If you can't get the addon, then manually edit /boot/config.txt. Either put the card in a card reader and edit, or ssh into the Pi and nano /boot/config.txt.
(2016-05-09, 00:47)greenbag Wrote:
(2016-05-08, 09:03)steve1977 Wrote: 2) Is the overclock addon available for LibreE or can someone point me to where to add the config.txt manually

If you can't get the addon, then manually edit /boot/config.txt. Either put the card in a card reader and edit, or ssh into the Pi and nano /boot/config.txt.

Overclock addon does work on libreelec. It is not tied to openelec. You can find the link couple of post above this.
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
Android s912 (kodi v17.6)
(2016-05-08, 09:03)steve1977 Wrote: 1) Has there been a commonly agreed standard overclock setting?

You need to understand that no overclock settings are guaranteed.
If there existed a set of overclock values that worked flawlessly on every Pi, then I imagine we'd set those as the defaults.

Yes, most devices can be overclocked somewhat, but it varies with each device and finding the optimal settings can take some time.

On Pi1 the default settings are rather modest, so overclocking benefits can be significant (and it really benefits from them).
On Pi2/Pi3 the defaults are less modest, and so there is less scope for overclocking. There is also less reason for overclocking.

Perhaps you could explain your issues? A Pi2 or Pi3 without overclocking should play raw BluRays, for example.
The only use case where overclocking may be required is software decode, like HEVC.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Overclocking Pi 22