60 frames per second (60fps)
Hi, i've been tested movies encoded in 60fps recently and I cant get any to play smoothly using anything including KODI. I cant help thinking i'm missing something here like my windows hardware wont decode this. (ATI 6750 and ATI 7970) i have two machine, neither play it smoothly.

I've tried various files and movies including those found here below, i'm trying to play 1080p MKV's at 60fps - everything else is smooth at sub 60fps.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Test_files.

I'm using latest KODI - windows 7 where am i going wrong?
Sounds like everything is working. If you're getting this issue with players such as VLC then it's an indicator of something other than the players have an issue. Might be good to run some CPU and GPU desktop monitors or gadgets. When playing a video in Kodi, hit the keybaord 'O' command and check for bottle necks in file moment, fetching or threshold of either CPU or GPU and the fps. The debug log is quite useful and will indicate if you have issues etc. Make sure all your drivers are up todate and there's isn't some process taking way CPU slices or a huge disk cache on a slow drive.

Also keep in mind, that 4K video files are going to be CPU intensive (not likely to be any hardware acceleration) and ensure you have hardware acceleration for the 1080p files. You system should play these without breaking a sweat, but if you're relying on software decoding, there could be some issues. (you didn't say what CPU you have and ram limits etc...)
i thiink the issue is my 2x pc's and laptop arent hardware decoding, cpu usage is too high, are you sure that 60pfs video is supported, i cant get it working on any of my pc's using any player and they are all doing essentially the same thing with hardware and software decoding, it starts ok then after a few secs the audio cuts out, then the pic will get jerky and the audio will come back in again, feel like it cant handle the bandwidth as all the work is happening on the CPU.
I've never tested 60fps, but I have some 48fps content that ran fine in hardware acceleration on various Radeon GPUs.
i cant find anything anywhere about anyone playing 1080p or 4k movies,there are not threads anywhere which discuss this, is smooth playback even possible at 60fps yet?
ok, this is odd, when i download this one - bbb_sunflower_1080p_60fps_normal.mp4 my there is virtually no cpu issues, uses only about 10 percent, i guess my pc's can decode whatever which ever codec this has been produced with, his the wierd bit, the picture is till jerky as buggery as if there isnt enough bandwidth to push the digital picture to my tv - i am using HDMI 1.4 cabling though, my reciever is 1.4 compatible so it should be able to handle 60 fps.or am i missing something here?
Maybe you could provide more information on the kinds of files that AREN'T playing?
ok, that file plays fine in KODI, this issue must be with the codec my MKV files are encoded with unless KODI wont decode matroska at 60FPS?
So does this mean you're NOT going to provide more information on the files that AREN'T playing?
gspot doesn't recognise the codec so i guess that's it, there is no way of knowing how these files are encoded. I don't think you can actually get 60 fps blurays yet anyway so these files i "attained" must be fake interlaced up converted 25 FPS files so not worth playing anway, just going to delete them. Thanks all for your replies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
60 frames per second (60fps)0