Script to play TVU player streams
Hi,

Firstly I'm new to this whole XBMC thing, I am loving it so far, and kicking myself for not getting it set up earlier. However my newness also means I'm not entirely sure about what scripts are capable of doing. So If this request rediculous then I' m sorry.

I'm looking to see if someone can make a Script to play TVU player streams

TVU player streams TV channels from all over the world, including CBS, ABC, ESPN, ESPN Aisa, HBO Asia, (Well you get my drift)

The quality looks pretty good on a TV screen, I believe the stream in wmv format but I'm not entirely sure of this.

Anyway I think it would be a cool addition to XBMC to have these streams available to play. If anyones up to the task then that would be awesome

Mike

http://www.tvunetworks.com
is the link for the PC player, there is a web-based player on their that might be able to provdide a base for the script
hey Mike,

You can stream the TVUPlayer from your PC to xbmc by creating a stream file with your ip address and port 8901

like this, could be called tvuplayer.strm:

http://192.168.x.x:8901

just start up the player in your PC, then access the stream file through your xbmc and it will start buffering. To switch channels you stop the strm file, change the channel from the pc and start the stream up again.

hope you figure this out, it works fine for me Wink
You could probebely make a script using this information:
http://xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.ph...reaming_TV
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I have made the p2Ptv scripts which now can support ppstream,pplive and sopcast,it can control pc to run those three program automatically,and xbmc can detect the playing program.(you can get it in xbox-sky,but now it only have the simply chinese language version)
And I also want to write a scripts to support tvuplayer,but it can't provide the tv guides with web,and also can't play the program with the shortcuts like "ppstream://hwhp2k4vmu6ycokoapmt3ge5qub5tw4ze6",so it'll be hard to write a perfect scripts to support.Maybe in the near future,tvuplayer will develop itself to catch up with ppstream,pplive,and then I may can make a scripts for it.
HI there! This sounds awesome hibaby! I would really like to get some more information about your scripts. It would be great to view Sopcast Streams on my XBox!!!
hibaby Wrote:I have made the p2Ptv scripts which now can support ppstream,pplive and sopcast,it can control pc to run those three program automatically,and xbmc can detect the playing program.(you can get it in xbox-sky,but now it only have the simply chinese language version)
And I also want to write a scripts to support tvuplayer,but it can't provide the tv guides with web,and also can't play the program with the shortcuts like "ppstream://hwhp2k4vmu6ycokoapmt3ge5qub5tw4ze6",so it'll be hard to write a perfect scripts to support.Maybe in the near future,tvuplayer will develop itself to catch up with ppstream,pplive,and then I may can make a scripts for it.

Hmm didn't find your script on xbox-sky.
Could you upload it somewhere else?

And please keep up the good work, that would be a really useful script. Smile
Rainbow 
I just implemented this on my setup at home and it's FANTASTIC!! I now no longer have a need for any cable/satellite provider.

The only thing I wish was for a more elegant solution. Having to stop the stream, change the channel..and start the stream back up is a pain in the ass. Would it be possible to implement a python-based streamer that could run natively on the xbox to provide content? It would also make an opportunity for a much more integrated solution.

Perhaps along with also integrating myTV channel guide data with Zap2It as it's source, it could raise XBMC to a level that no other media center solution offers. Along with a 'My TV Shows' section for all the vides we've collected, providing episode information from epguides.com...IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES.

I see a very very bright future for our wonderful X-Box Media Center. I need to start buying a few XBoxes for the future...you know, parts and things. I know much of what I propose would requre vast changes to the core of XBMC...but just IMAGINE..hehe

-cCool
anyone? anyone? Bueller? lol

-c
Gamester17 Wrote:You could probebely make a script using this information:
http://xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.ph...reaming_TV

I'm following this, but xbmcscripts.com seems to be down, can someone tell me another link where I can get the python script from.

Cheers.
You might be interested in this app for sopcast.

http://forum.sopcast.org/forum/viewtopic...138863026f

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script to play TVU player streams0