Copy and Paste install question.
Hi. I am getting ready to do a full copy and paste install on my aunt's new HTPC. The plan is to edit the sources.xml and MyMovies90.db with Notepad++.

I want to know if simply changing the directories from C:\Users\Stream\... to C:\Users\<HerUserName>\.... with Notepad++, would everything be ok?
Just about every call to a file will have the wrong path... I just wouldn't do it this way. Export to separate files if you want to share the same external HD and do a proper full install to your aunt's PC then pick the scraper and source and the re-scan will be local and quick.
(2015-02-12, 05:26)PatK Wrote: Just about every call to a file will have the wrong path... I just wouldn't do it this way. Export to separate files if you want to share the same external HD and do a proper full install to your aunt's PC then pick the scraper and source and the re-scan will be local and quick.

I've already exported to separate nfo files. I have the artwork and everything saved to an external HDD. The only thing that will be different b/w installs is her username which should be fine if changed with Notepad++.

File structure and everything will remain the same. I want to make the transition as smooth as possible for her since she isn't very technically inclined and I won't be available all of the time to talk/ walk her though everything. My current install is a set it and forget install. Everything is automated. Doing all of that again is going to be a hassle. But if you don't think it's going to work that way...
All the stuff in the roaming directory, includes the users name in the path. It would take less than 5 minutes to prove out if all you need is an edit of the library (just had a quick look and I couldn't see why this wouldn't work). If it doesn't work out revert to plam B and leave us all a message about your sucess or failure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copy and Paste install question.0