Dynamic Monitor Assignment
Hi everybody,

I've been using Kodi for years now, and MPC-HC has always been set up as an external player. I'm running Kodi on my desktop PC which has two monitors connected to it, as well as a TV which is not always on. Depending on the content I'm watching I will either use my TV or one of my monitors.

It used to be that I could assign MPC-HC to "monitor 3" in the playercorefactory.xml, which led to it being display on the TV if that was turned on, or on the display if it was not. The problem is that recently MPC-HC crashes on startup if the TV is not turned on. I suspect that is because "monitor 3", to which it is assigned, does not exist if the TV is off.

Is there any way to tell MPC-HC to display on "monitor 2" if there is no "monitor 3"? I really don't always want to have to edit the playercorefactory everytime I decide to watch on a different display.

Both Kodi and MPC-HC are the latest versions running on Windows 8.1.

Thanks in advance!
I think there was a change in MPC-HC recently.. bet it has something to do with HTCP. Sounds like you had a nice set-up (the old adage, if it's not broke don't fix it comes to mind). I think all the video players are moving into a Hollywood designed path, if they want to be comparable with the latest gear.

Quote:Is there any way to tell MPC-HC to display on "monitor 2" if there is no "monitor 3"?
Your answer to that question might be better handled in the MPC forum. From my perspective a work around would be to launch Kodi with a script that uses the displayswitch.exe operator and on fail reverts back to the launch monitor.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dynamic Monitor Assignment0