Swap Space / Virtual Memory (VMM, paging RAM memory to a pagefile on the harddrive)?
what additional functionality would/could this enable exactly? Maybe it would help motivate developers if they could see in one place all the good this could do.

personally I cant think of much, xbmc is at a ridiculously rich level of functionality already in my opinion.
Does this touch on the same issues as the fat file schemas? In the sense that the developers are using the Xbox API and aren't actually programming the OS for the Xbox.
nuff said
nah.. this stuff would be implemented with standard api functions. and it wouldn't give us that much really.. we could spend less time thinking about how to keep stuff from using too much memory thou. background services wouldn't need as much ram.

in general, it would only help in the same sence as a 128mb ram upgrade can do. in other words it only helps hdtv users.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

tbh i'm not sure how much it would help them either. as this won't bring us more memory, just a way to stop worrying about keeping unused crap in memory. it all depends on us having considerable amounts of data lingering in memory, which i personally doubt are significant amounts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Swap Space / Virtual Memory (VMM, paging RAM memory to a pagefile on the harddrive)?0