Video skipping/slowdown
Hi - Appologies if this is referenced elsewhere but in my searching I have not yet found something that seems to match this issue. I am running Kodi 14.1 Git:2015-01-30-38e4046-dirty (Compiled: Jan 29 2015) on a Mac Mini (Early 2009) with OS X 10.10.2 (Mavericks). Since upgrading to Mavericks (and the "Kodi" named revision of the old XBMC) at the same time I have noticed some periodic video skipping/slowdown issues. The odd thing is that the audio is not affected. I have not timed out the instances of this but this occurs at least several times during a video playback. The video will slow down (audio keeps going at normal rate) and get out of sync and within a second or 2 it jumps back into sync with the audio. I would think it would be a buffering issue except then I would expect the audio to have a similar skip to it. Prior to the upgrades it has been fine. Does anyone have any ideas of what to try, or is this a known issue with the new versions of Kodi and I should either try nightly builds or just hold out for a new general release?

Let me know what else I can provide that will help. Thanks!
I also am experiencing playback issues.

I am running Mac Mini 2011 running latest Yosemite build. SSD running the OS and Apps and 8GB RAM.

The problem seems to occur the longer the file is so when watching a 2 hour movie the issue worsens the longer the movie is running for. As you described, video either freezes or stutters but sound continues. I have no other programs or heavy processing running in the background as this Mac is strictly for media centre duties.

Has anybody got any ideas on how to eliminate this?
i would need a debug log (wiki) when this happens.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
To the first two posters in this thread:

Confirming you both have ? - Kodi > Settings > Video > Playback > Sync playback to display > Enabled

along with

-A/V sync method > Video clock (Resample audio)

Thank you wrxtasy -

I've applied those settings and just watched a 2 hour rip form one of my Blu Rays with no issues. It's always something simple!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video skipping/slowdown0