Compiled Manual, convert WIKI to PDF and/or DOC?
Don't get me wrong, wiki is great, until you need to print.

Can someone provide the new online manual in some compiled form: CHM, PDF, DOC, etc.? (I don't think printing from a browser with the "Print all linked documents" option is going to produce coherent results.)

Many thanks!!

Jim
I believe there are tools online to convert wiki -> printable, but no idea how they work. It'd be something worth looking into. Please do so Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Any links or ideas would be a great start. I've already tried at least a dozen ways of doing this, including downloading the enitre site with WinHTTRACK, but I've had zero luck with the HTML Help Workshop, and converting en-masse to PDF...

This seems like a no-brainer feature wiki dev's seemed to have overlook.
Quite simple actually, just copy the pages into open office as HTML then choose to export it as pdf and it even keeps the links intact. Im working on it right now, if I have enough time to finish it ill release the PDF.
I understand the concept, but not sure how you're importing the enitre site? Do you mean one page at a time? WinHTTRACK pulled over 5700 pages, just within the wiki site...
well the new manual style is pretty organized so I figure I would do it page by page. So the PDF looks similar to the sites original structure
Any update on this?
Yeah, I'm interested too. Gave an early christmas present to a buddy going overseas and would like to be able to print the manual for his not-so-technical ass. Thanx guys. Great wiki manual, and great piece of software!
Is there any way to print the Xbox Media Center online manual for offline viewing in .PDF/.DOC format?
Afaik no. There are apps around to do this though:
http://www.plog4u.org/index.php/Using_Ec...dia_Editor
http://wiki.auf-trag.de/
I had originally hoped to get into editing the content on the Wiki manual months sooner ... unfortunately, life got in the way.

I've been slowly (and I really mean slowly) putting together a End-User guide in MS Word which would cover the basics of navigating XBMC. The manual is based on the Official skin - PM III.

I figure once a user gets to Intermediate/Advanced, he/she can reference the Wiki manual for those "custom" things.

KZ
Has there been any updates to this? I would love a printable version as well..

:-)

-Wu
Hi Wu,

There have been so many new features and changes that it's almost a re-write everytime because of the editing.

I've been using the WIKI as the base guideline for a printable doc but a straight from WIKI to DOC/PDF seems pointless. My intention was to create an out-of-the-box guide (actually 3: user, advanced, developer) similar to those you get when you purchase a software product off the shelf.

KZ
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta/Wiki_to_PDF
Hi folks,
I was able to convert the entire wiki manual in a brosable cd (with offline explorer).Big Grin
The cd iso image file is 291mb. I mounted it with virtual clone cd and it seems to work pretty fine. However I was not able to test the entire structure (it seem to work but I can not put my hand on fire).
To the administrators: what I did is allowed?? HuhPlease let me know if it can be usefull or do not esitate to delete this message.
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compiled Manual, convert WIKI to PDF and/or DOC?0