Does KODI need a 3rd party player for HD-DVD's?
I have KODI 14.1 running on my HTPC replacing my Windows media center setup. I have a library of Blu-Ray and HD-DVD iso's created with AnyDVD-HD. KODI has found the entire library and plays the BD's but not the HD-DVDs. Is there a setting I need to change to get the HD-DVDs to play in KODI? If not, the HD-DVD's played fine under Windows media center using TMT5...is there a way for KODI to use TMT5 as a third party player only for HD_DVD's?
Thanks.
I don't have any HD-DVD's in my collection, so take any of the words here with a grain of salt. One of the iterations of XBMC/Kodi did play HD-DVD's without encryption, not sure if this got lost in the present version. As to the work-around using Arcsoft TMT (again a program/player I'm unfamiliar with) you should be able to install and configure just about any player to be called up externally for a select file type, while still taking advantage of the built in viewer for all others. There's plenty of threads regarding this issue and a wiki here. Another possibility is use something like MakMKV but you will lose the player page and some of the extras.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does KODI need a 3rd party player for HD-DVD's?0