Option for MIC ON during regular MP3 playback (ie. non MP3+CDG music)
hi. xbmc mutes the microphone in all type of media, except mp3+cdg. it´s possible that this don´t occur? there´re hundreds of karaoke videos that i cant play in xbox for this reason. i want to hear my worthless voice when i sing my karaoke videos

thanks
Exclamation 
Hi -
Thank you for such an awesome program..
could you please bring back (or tell me how to mod it myself) so that the karaoke microphones stay on during normal mp3 playback.. right now w/ the last several releases they only turn on w/ mp3+cdg only !

I used to load a normal mp3 and pull up lyrics via lyrics script but no longer able to do that..

also the mic output was changed from front stereo to front center channel only and for me anyway this makes low mic volume a huge problem.

thanks again.. please let me know if there is anyway I can just make these changes myself via adv settings or something?
thanks
There are so many more songs you can sing if you play a normal mp3 w/ out cdg and the mic was on ..along w/ lyrics script..

please turn mics back on during non-cdg playback !
also the mics used to come out stereo out of the front ch now they come out center ch which makes volume a problem ..especially w/ 4mics

thanks
Exclamation 
Hi -
Thank you for such an awesome program..
could you please bring back (or tell me how to mod it myself) so that the karaoke microphones stay on during normal mp3 playback.. right now w/ the last several releases they only turn on w/ mp3+cdg only !

I used to load a normal mp3 and pull up lyrics via lyrics script but no longer able to do that..

also the mic output was changed from front stereo to front center channel only and for me anyway this makes low mic volume a huge problem.

thanks again.. please let me know if there is anyway I can just make these changes myself via adv settings or something?
thanks
not a bug, moving to the feature suggestion forum
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
The reason is that there is a connection between the mic stuff and the cdg stuff.

After 2.0.1 perhaps some developer will get motivated enough to change it.

As for the "only through the center speaker", the code disagrees with you:

DSMIXBINVOLUMEPAIR dsmbvp[6] = {
{DSMIXBIN_FRONT_LEFT, DSBVOLUME_MAX},
{DSMIXBIN_FRONT_RIGHT, DSBVOLUME_MAX},
{DSMIXBIN_FRONT_CENTER, DSBVOLUME_MIN},
{DSMIXBIN_BACK_LEFT, DSBVOLUME_MIN},
{DSMIXBIN_BACK_RIGHT, DSBVOLUME_MIN},
{DSMIXBIN_LOW_FREQUENCY, DSBVOLUME_MIN}};

Check you don't have something processing it on your amp, as the signal is ofcourse mono, so any prologic processing will very likely end up in the center channel only.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Big Grin 
thanks for the info.. yeah the center channel thing has been resolved and it did have to do w/ prologic ..

I still wish there was some way for me to change the settings to have the mic come on during all music playback.. w/ the lyrics script it opens up karaoke to millions of songs.
thanks again for the help
I'm still trying to figure out how to use the thing... there isnt alot of information on this in the manual. Dont know if its a certain file type or what to use to get it going.
wow how did you compile your own.. is there any advantage to custom compiling your own?
What features can you change if you compile youre own?
thanks
i have downloaded supously the latest version of xbox media center, i have tried
to turn on the karaoke option with my headset but that only don't work .

can somebody help me?
if indeed you are using the latest version and under music settings you have enabled karaoke option and enabled the other settings in that tab then the problem must be with the files you are using.
the mic only turns on when karaoke (CD+G ) files are playing.. that involves 2 files for each song.. an .mp3 for the music and .cdg for the lyrics . An mp3 w/ out .cdg file wont turn the mic on and will be silent.
hope that helps.
i made an official feature request for this, as i hadn't seen one yet.

somebody mentioned that the 2005-05 build still has this enabled, but i couldnt get it working.

just thinking out loud here for easy fixes.

is there any way i can enable the mic when any music or video is playing, through advancedsettings.xml or something?

would it be possible to have a blank .cdg file, and name it a wildcard *.cdg and then xbmc would say "hey a .cdg is present" and have the mic on all the time?

or would there be a way to make a python script that would enable the mic + filters all the time?

i'm not a coder, so i don't really know what i'm talking about, but it seems that XBMC is just checking to see if a same named .cdg file is present, and if it is then it enables the mic. is there a way to bypass this check somehow?

i thought i read somewhere that mic use is hardcoded to .cdg files somehow. personally, i think this is a waste of a versatile input to your xbox. all this time has been spent adding voice filters/etc and you are only able to use it on .cdg files.

here is a similar thread i found:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...microphone
Lightbulb 
Hi all,

My partner has quite a voice & I think XBMC's features could be just what she needs. I've noticed that the latest 2.x XBMC's have "Karaoke" support, where I can select "Enable Voice" and add voice masks to each controller port (nice!)

I don't yet have a mic for my Xbox, I assume I'll need the part of the Xbox live communicator which plugs into the controllor port, a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter and a spare mic, unless I use the original Xbox headset (can you buy the controller plugin seperately without the rest?)

My question is, is it as simple as clicking "Enable Voice" to have the mic enabled all the time, therefore giving her the ability to sing along to whatever's playing?

Thanks & a Merry Christmas to one and all! Smile Nod
Currently the mic is only enabled when playing back a .cdg karaoke file.

You can probably mod the source to change this though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option for MIC ON during regular MP3 playback (ie. non MP3+CDG music)1