ATV1 with Broadcom Crystal HD chip and Kodi
Hello newbie here,

I am considering getting a ATV1 with crytalbuntu running Gotham. But I read Kodi is dropping support for the the Broadcom chip and therefore affects these sort of ATV1 modded devices. In reality , will this affect the range of free movies available ? I had read that dropping of official support may mean that video performance will suffer eg. Dropped frames and this could affect 24fps playback.

Has anyone noticed any ill effect to Atv1 running XBMC , as a result of the dropped support ? If not , do you expect there to eventually be issues ?

Flawless 24p output is v important to me. On jailbroken atv1 can you stream movies rented from iTunes and watch them at 24fps ? Moreover , can the refresh rate be set to 23.96 Hz , which is "proper" 24p ?

I presume XBMC on the atv1 allows you to stream movies for free and watch them in 24fps, is this correct ?

If the ATV1 is no longer viable for Kodi , can anyone suggest an inexpensive alternative that supports 24fps for Kodi , that is not too fiddly to set up ? Thanks is advance and hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance.
Quote:In reality , will this affect the range of free movies available?

Why are you asking us? We don't provide content. You might as well ask us how many hamburgers will be made tomorrow.

XBMC/Kodi is not a content provider. It is just a video player for your living room. It does not enable you to get free content any more than VLC or your web browser does. Please do not confuse XBMC/Kodi for people who provide pirated or bootleg content. We have nothing to do with that.
(2015-03-04, 18:23)24pfreak Wrote: If the ATV1 is no longer viable for Kodi , can anyone suggest an inexpensive alternative that supports 24fps for Kodi , that is not too fiddly to set up ? Thanks is advance and hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

A Raspberry PI 2.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Thanks, I have ordered a RP2.

I have also ordered the turtle beach dongle to get optical audio out, I only have a legacy surround amp.

Can anyone inform me exactly how to get the RP2 to output 23.976 fps ?
Well, I suppose just enable "adjust display refresh rate to match video" and you're done.
(2015-03-08, 23:58)David1977 Wrote: Well, I suppose just enable "adjust display refresh rate to match video" and you're done.

Ok thanks , so is that adjustment done in Kodi settings somewhere ?
Yes. Be aware you set your settings level to "expert"
Thank you for the tip David. I hope to receive my pre-assembled Kodi-ready Pi kit tomorrow.
By the way , is it possible to force 23.976Hz refresh, even if it does not match the video meta-data ? Eg. If a movie has incorrectly flagged frame rate metadata ?

Or is the frame rate metadata always correctly flagged for movies ?
(2015-03-09, 11:02)24pfreak Wrote: By the way , is it possible to force 23.976Hz refresh, even if it does not match the video meta-data ? Eg. If a movie has incorrectly flagged frame rate metadata ?

Or is the frame rate metadata always correctly flagged for movies ?

If you set "adjust display refresh rate to match video" to "always" it will switch on start of playback to the value from container metadata.
If it then discovers the actual timestamps don't match the framerate it will switch again after a number of seconds.
Thank you for answering this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV1 with Broadcom Crystal HD chip and Kodi0