• 19(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED]
(2015-12-28, 13:26)wheelzi31 Wrote:
(2015-12-23, 02:32)Gade Wrote: Hi wheelzi31.

Try downloading this version of VideoFullScreen.xml and replace the current file in skin.rapier/720p.

That should give you the information when the OSD is active.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Hi Gade hope you had a good holiday. i downloaded the xml and replaced it. unfortunatly theres still no change.

in theroy it should be tho

Thaanks

Thanks, i hope you had the same Smile

Hmm... I don't understand, as that should absolutely do it.

Can you explain in detail what you did? Did you reload the skin / restart Kodi after you replaced the file?
Thanks for reply Gade.

Huh, I have those things enabled, I also have the Hobbit movie you used as an example.
I played it then paused but nothing, am I missing something? Sad
If you have clear art and clear logos downloaded for all your movies / tv shows you'll only need to enable OSD clear art in the skin settings:

Skin Settings > Media > Fullscreen Video > ENABLE Show clear art on OSD / ENABLE Show clear logo on OSD.

If clear art is enabled and no clear art is available, it will show the clear logo.
Huh, I am really not sure what the reason is but this just doesn't want to work.
I am guessing I must not have downloaded all art, am trying now.

UPDATE

OK, it found 1500 out of 4700 movies.
The clear art is interesting although it looks a little odd or American TV style when it appears in the corner.
If you do decide to update with the covert art featured in the corner instead, that would be much appreciated.
Or maybe even a modified version of the INFO page with art and info displayed with a NOW PLAYING text.

Thanks again for your help.
(2015-12-29, 17:40)steve11 Wrote: Huh, I am really not sure what the reason is but this just doesn't want to work.
I am guessing I must not have downloaded all art, am trying now.

UPDATE

OK, it found 1500 out of 4700 movies.
The clear art is interesting although it looks a little odd or American TV style when it appears in the corner.
If you do decide to update with the covert art featured in the corner instead, that would be much appreciated.
Or maybe even a modified version of the INFO page with art and info displayed with a NOW PLAYING text.

Thanks again for your help.

Glad you got it working.

I have been trying to cook up something suitable, and this is what I came up with:

I ended up removing all text and going with simple and in style with what already exists.
You have do disable OSD clear art / clear logos in the skin settings for posters to be visible. For tv show episodes, the tv show poster will be used.
Hi Gade,

Good day to you. I have a couple of quick questions for you. Say if I want to use your skin as base and use that to create my own, can I do the following changes with your permission since you are maintaining the rapier skin?

1. Rename the skin and icon from Rapier -> myskinname. That means when a user goes to System > Appearance > Skin > myskinname (instead of Rapier)
2. Change folder name from rapier -> myskinname
2. To change images in textures.xbt

The reason why I want to change the skin name to my customized skin name is because since I'm going to make changes to the skin by putting new categories and addons, it is better to release it as my own skin name for my users to identify with my customized skin.

Please let me know if everything checks out OK with you. Thanks.
That looks perfect Gade, exactly what I mean! Big Grin
(2015-12-30, 10:38)steve11 Wrote: That looks perfect Gade, exactly what I mean! Big Grin

Sounds great, thanks!
(2015-12-30, 09:04)snoopysnoop Wrote: Hi Gade,

Good day to you. I have a couple of quick questions for you. Say if I want to use your skin as base and use that to create my own, can I do the following changes with your permission since you are maintaining the rapier skin?

1. Rename the skin and icon from Rapier -> myskinname. That means when a user goes to System > Appearance > Skin > myskinname (instead of Rapier)
2. Change folder name from rapier -> myskinname
2. To change images in textures.xbt

The reason why I want to change the skin name to my customized skin name is because since I'm going to make changes to the skin by putting new categories and addons, it is better to release it as my own skin name for my users to identify with my customized skin.

Please let me know if everything checks out OK with you. Thanks.

Hi snoopysnoop.

I appreciate you asking about this Smile

It's ok with me as long as:
  • Credits from the skin does not get removed. I have seen Youtube videos with custom builds of Rapier, where the modder takes all credit.
  • It doesn't get used for illegal/banned add-ons.
  • The same license applies: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
  • If you create a completely new skin, you must create your own textures.

LICENSE SUMMARY Wrote:You are free:

to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
to Remix — to adapt the work

Under the following conditions:

Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work.)
Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.

With the understanding that:

Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
Public Domain — Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license:
your fair dealing or fair use rights;
the author's moral rights; and
rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do that is with a link to http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
(2015-12-30, 12:37)Gade Wrote: It's ok with me as long as:
  • Credits from the skin does not get removed. I have seen Youtube videos with custom builds of Rapier, where the modder takes all credit.
  • It doesn't get used for illegal/banned add-ons.
  • The same license applies: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
  • If you create a completely new skin, you must create your own textures.

Gade, thanks for your reply.
1. The credits will definite be intact.
2. Rest assured I will definitely not be asking any addon questions that are banned in this forum as per the clause "While Team Kodi does not regulate what users install or use, we ask that you do not come to any of the official Kodi websites for support on these repos/add-ons. Failure to do so may result in a ban."
3. Changes is just to the background wallpaper and skin name icon which needs to be changed in the textures file.

Many thanks again.
(2015-12-29, 02:39)Gade Wrote:
(2015-12-28, 13:26)wheelzi31 Wrote:
(2015-12-23, 02:32)Gade Wrote: Hi wheelzi31.

Try downloading this version of VideoFullScreen.xml and replace the current file in skin.rapier/720p.

That should give you the information when the OSD is active.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Hi Gade hope you had a good holiday. i downloaded the xml and replaced it. unfortunatly theres still no change.

in theroy it should be tho

Thaanks

Thanks, i hope you had the same Smile

Hmm... I don't understand, as that should absolutely do it.

Can you explain in detail what you did? Did you reload the skin / restart Kodi after you replaced the file?

Hi Gade .

Yea i made a video showing exactly what i did hope it helps

Info

Cheers
Hi Gade,
i remember once there was a reboot skin button in a previous version of rapier.
(2015-12-31, 18:48)patria o muerte Wrote: Hi Gade,
i remember once there was a reboot skin button in a previous version of rapier.

Hi.

The reload skin button is in the bottom of the shutdown menu. I don't recall it ever being anywhere else?

Press S on a keyboard or press the Power category or submenu.
Many thanks Gade!
Happy new year!
Hi Gade, hope you had a nice NYE!
Sorry maybe I misunderstood, did you already implement the change involving the poster being displayed when paused?
Or is this coming in an update?
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED]2