• 4(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED]
Gade,

Thanks for the pointers, I didn't notice anywhere about the setting, where was it mentioned before? Ah well, it all works now Smile

(2015-06-28, 11:13)Gade Wrote: Not yet. I working on some issues for Helix and Isengard that needs to be fixed before I push it to the repo.

For now you can download the color themes here, and unpack the contents to the skin.rapier folder. Just replace is prompted about that. Restart Kodi and you should have the two new themes.

However, I did just try what you said re the colour themes, and I have to admit, DO NOT replace the media folder with the one in the mentioned zip folder, otherwise the whole skin just doesn't work when all of the files are overwritten! Tongue otherwise you get something like the following with basically no HUD:

Do you just need to merge it with the already existing folders then?

Cheers,

corrigami
(2015-06-28, 15:27)corrigami Wrote: Gade,

Thanks for the pointers, I didn't notice anywhere about the setting, where was it mentioned before? Ah well, it all works now Smile

Glad that it works.

I have updated the info in the forums and changelog.

(2015-06-28, 15:27)corrigami Wrote:
(2015-06-28, 11:13)Gade Wrote: Not yet. I working on some issues for Helix and Isengard that needs to be fixed before I push it to the repo.

For now you can download the color themes here, and unpack the contents to the skin.rapier folder. Just replace is prompted about that. Restart Kodi and you should have the two new themes.

However, I did just try what you said re the colour themes, and I have to admit, DO NOT replace the media folder with the one in the mentioned zip folder, otherwise the whole skin just doesn't work when all of the files are overwritten! Tongue otherwise you get something like the following with basically no HUD:

Do you just need to merge it with the already existing folders then?

Maybe I wrote it too fast. Overwrite instead of replace of course. Smile

Keep the existing contents of the folders and add the new files. The folders in the zip file contains all new files.
Hey Gade, me again!

Whenever I open up Kodi, I get something similar to the following before the fanart loads:

Any pointers?

Cheers,

corrigami

EDIT: Infact, I get it on the System and a Custom category too, even after the fanart loads on Movies and TV Shows:

(2015-07-01, 20:44)corrigami Wrote: Hey Gade, me again!

Whenever I open up Kodi, I get something similar to the following before the fanart loads:

Any pointers?

Cheers,

corrigami

EDIT: Infact, I get it on the System and a Custom category too, even after the fanart loads on Movies and TV Shows:

Hi corrigami.

You are using the version from Github.

Use either the official version from Kodi's add-on repository, or the newer version from my own repository.
Thanks Gade,

I though I only transfered the extras folder, would that have caused it? Sorted now though, just uninstalled and reinstalled Smile

Cheers,

corrigami
The images in the media folder needs to be compressed into a Textures.xbt file.

They are uncompressed on Github and compressed both in my repo and in the official.

You can still safely use the color themes I linked to.

The extras folder has nothing to do with this Smile
(2015-06-10, 21:39)Gade Wrote: I just pushed v8.1.5 to my repo, and I could use all possible help testing it out.

I installed your repository. Went into SKINS for your repository and upgraded RAPIER. Skin upgraded to 8.1.5. Now the on-screen keyboard does not work. The keyboard will show up, but if I use the actual keyboard or if I use the mouse to input keys, the keys pressed do not show up. Once in a while I can get the first letter I type to show up. I can use the ESC key to get out of the keyboard. Also, using the navigation keys (arrows) to move around the keys does not work.

I am running OpenElec 5.95.2 (Isengard), on an x86_64 HTPC. This symptom was not present with Rapier 8.1.3. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing, but problem still exists.

Another thing I noticed, but not sure if it is an issue as I am new to the Rapier skin, is that in TV/Movie list screens, there is a question mark with a circle around it next to the items in the list. I thought that maybe it was supposed to be a check-mark for displaying an item as marked watched. I say this because the only thing that happens when an item is marked watched is that it changes to a slightly different shade of blue that is barely noticeable. I would have thought that there would be a much more visible indication that an item was watched. I was wondering if it is a font issue and maybe the question mark icon next to the item is a font that is not displaying properly (and it should be showing a check mark or some other symbol)?

Finally, once in a while a menu item "jumps". Sometimes an item can be selected, could be a TV episode, could be a repository, or something else. No keys or buttons are pressed, yet the menu item that is selected becomes the first item in the list so the menu items appear to "jump".

Any suggestions?

Thank You.

Edit: I just installed Rapier 8.1.5 from a CLEAN install of OpenElec 5.95.2. Absolutely nothing extra installed but the GADE repository. The keyboard does not work as stated above.
(2015-07-01, 22:49)GemNEye Wrote:
(2015-06-10, 21:39)Gade Wrote: I just pushed v8.1.5 to my repo, and I could use all possible help testing it out.

I installed your repository. Went into SKINS for your repository and upgraded RAPIER. Skin upgraded to 8.1.5. Now the on-screen keyboard does not work. The keyboard will show up, but if I use the actual keyboard or if I use the mouse to input keys, the keys pressed do not show up. Once in a while I can get the first letter I type to show up. I can use the ESC key to get out of the keyboard. Also, using the navigation keys (arrows) to move around the keys does not work.

I am running OpenElec 5.95.2 (Isengard), on an x86_64 HTPC. This sym was not present with Rapier 8.1.3. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing, but problem still exists.

Edit: I just installed Rapier 8.1.5 from a CLEAN install of OpenElec 5.95.2. Absolutely nothing extra installed but the GADE repository. The keyboard does not work as stated above.

Hi GemNEye.

I just did the exact same: installed OpenElec 5.95.2 from scratch and installed my repo with Rapier 8.1.5, and everything runs extremely smooth. The keyboard works perfectly and as expected, so I don't know exactly what to do with your issue. Where in Kodi have you tried to use the keyboard?

Try switching to Confluence to see if you have the same issue.

Which hardware keyboard do you use?

(2015-07-01, 22:49)GemNEye Wrote: Another thing I noticed, but not sure if it is an issue as I am new to the Rapier skin, is that in TV/Movie list screens, there is a question mark with a circle around it next to the items in the list. I thought that maybe it was supposed to be a check-mark for displaying an item as marked watched. I say this because the only thing that happens when an item is marked watched is that it changes to a slightly different shade of blue that is barely noticeable. I would have thought that there would be a much more visible indication that an item was watched. I was wondering if it is a font issue and maybe the question mark icon next to the item is a font that is not displaying properly (and it should be showing a check mark or some other symbol)?

The overlays contain the following info:
  • Watched status (checkmark)
  • HD / SD quality
  • Partly watched indicator for in progress movies
  • Question mark (if quality can not be detected and the movie is not watched)

Which view type do you use? That's makes it easier to help you Smile

(2015-07-01, 22:49)GemNEye Wrote: Finally, once in a while a menu item "jumps". Sometimes an item can be selected, could be a TV episode, could be a repository, or something else. No keys or buttons are pressed, yet the menu item that is selected becomes the first item in the list so the menu items appear to "jump".

This is not skin related. This happens sometimes when scanning media, installing add-ons etc.
The keyboard works fine with Rapier 8.1.3, as does every other skin that has been tried including Confluence. The keyboard does not work anywhere where the on-screen keyboard would be displayed. For example trying to type in a path in the file manager. Trying to type in any search function. Basically anywhere the keyboard would pop up it would not work. This issue has not been experienced when any other skin.

There definitely where no "check" marks for watched items. I have since wiped out and started over again with a different skin and do not recall the view I was using with Rapier. I want to say media info 3, but that would only be a guess. 8.1.3 was working fairly well. I can't remember now what I was hoping the 8.1.5 upgrade was going to add/fix.

Another issue I was having, was during music playback, there would be quite a few skips which seemed to be related to Artist Slideshow as the skips would come right before a picture was displayed. The skips also happened at other times which could not be determined why. These skips are not present with Confluence or Amber, although confluence was not running Artist Slideshow. The Amber skin can do Artist slide show, CU lyrics, and Visualization without any hiccups playing the exact same media.

I think the Rapier skin is very nice, and I want to use it, but unfortunately it is not usable in my situation.
(2015-07-04, 00:58)GemNEye Wrote: The keyboard works fine with Rapier 8.1.3, as does every other skin that has been tried including Confluence. The keyboard does not work anywhere where the on-screen keyboard would be displayed. For example trying to type in a path in the file manager. Trying to type in any search function. Basically anywhere the keyboard would pop up it would not work. This issue has not been experienced when any other skin.

There definitely where no "check" marks for watched items. I have since wiped out and started over again with a different skin and do not recall the view I was using with Rapier. I want to say media info 3, but that would only be a guess. 8.1.3 was working fairly well. I can't remember now what I was hoping the 8.1.5 upgrade was going to add/fix.

Remember that the official versions in Kodi's add-on repository are stable and versions in my own repo are development versions. That means that some features are untested and possibly unstable.

I have drastically improved the keyboard dialog, so bugs should be eleminated now. Although I can't reproduce your issue at all. The new version will not be pushed to my repo before some other stuff is finished.

Overlays/Checkmarks have not at all been touched between 8.1.3 and 8.1.5.

(2015-07-04, 00:58)GemNEye Wrote: Another issue I was having, was during music playback, there would be quite a few skips which seemed to be related to Artist Slideshow as the skips would come right before a picture was displayed. The skips also happened at other times which could not be determined why. These skips are not present with Confluence or Amber, although confluence was not running Artist Slideshow. The Amber skin can do Artist slide show, CU lyrics, and Visualization without any hiccups playing the exact same media.

I will definately look into this.

Thanks a lot for reporting Smile

EDIT: I actually just realized that the support of Artist Slideshow could use some updating and bugfixing. This is likely the cause of your issues. I will do that very soon.
Hi there,
I recently started using Rapier and it looks great. Pretty much an ideal skin for me.

I saw that some time ago, the option to hide the top bar was disabled in Wall View. Was there a specific issue with that? Or is there some way for me to hide the top bar? I have an almost OCD-ish desire for the screen to be totally clean.

Thanks for the great skin!
(2015-07-05, 17:49)andytseng Wrote: Hi there,
I recently started using Rapier and it looks great. Pretty much an ideal skin for me.

I saw that some time ago, the option to hide the top bar was disabled in Wall View. Was there a specific issue with that? Or is there some way for me to hide the top bar? I have an almost OCD-ish desire for the screen to be totally clean.

Thanks for the great skin!

Hi andytseng.

Thanks a lot for the kind words Smile

Yeah, I disabled it only for the Wall view because it ruined the layout of the skin and didn't look very good. The posters stop exactly below the top bar and if the top bar is not visible, it looks terrible Smile

Disabling the top bar works in the other view types.

If you are up for it. you can edit the xml's yourself to disable the top bar. Just be aware that custom edits are overwritten each time the skin updates, and I always encourage to keep the skin updated. It should be a pretty easy edit though.

Cheers
Gade
A new update is available. This is a massive update and includes bugfixing and loads of new features - some are described below. As usual, please report if you experience any bugs or have feature requests Smile

Support and features have been updated/added for these add-ons: service.nextup.notification, script.extendedinfo (minimum version 3.0.0 needed), script.tvtunes, script.videoextras, script.artistslideshow, script.youtube.browser. If some features suddenly do not work as before, look in the below changelog or report in this thread.

Rapier 8.2.1 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

CHANGELOG
Code:
8.2.1 (12-July-15)
- Added "Mirror Image" button to file browser dialog.
- Update of PVR channels OSD dialog.
- Update of PVR channels window labels.
- Bugfixing of movie set media flag in Wall View.
- Added onclick functions to info labels in ExtendedInfo video information windows.
- Added Reviews to ExtendedInfo video information window.
- Added Extended Information button to the context menu in movie and tv show libraries.
- Updated movie set information window to use script.extendedinfo.
- Added menubar dialog to artist / album information windows with 4 buttons: Extra artist info, Popular Tracks, Similar Artists, Search Youtube (requires script.extendedinfo / plugin.video.youtube).
- Added menubar dialog to movie / tv show / season information windows with 3 buttons: Extra Video Info, Similar Videos, Search Youtube (requires script.extendedinfo / plugin.video.youtube).
- Added "Search Youtube" button to episode / music video information windows (requires plugin.video.youtube).
- Added button to ExtendedInfo video information window for local tv shows to enter season / episode library.
- Added season and episode labels for ExtendedInfo tv show information window.
- Update and bugfixing of ExtendedInfo episode information window.
- Bugfixing of trailer buttons using plugin.video.youtube.
- Added 2 color themes: red and orange (big thanks to PetitDroud).
- Changed play / open button label in video information window.
- Added Youtube Browser for script.extendedinfo and script.youtube.browser (requires manual installation).
- Removed startup window used to load pvr channels.
- Redesign and positioning of OSD slider dialog.
- Bugfixing of Artwork Downloader when downloading music video artwork using the skin settings add-ons section.
- Added view option for ExtendedInfo video list window Thumbnail View to display either Year / Rating or Genre labels.
- Added List View and List Info 3 View for ExtendedInfo video list window.
- Added skin setting in General to enable/disable autocompletions for keyboard dialog (requires installation of script.extendedinfo).
- Updated support for TV Tunes add-on.
- Removed TV Tunes skin settings. All settings are now handled in the TV Tunes add-on settings.
- Updated support for script.videoextras.
- Update and bugfixing of Artist Slideshow add-on.
- Bugfixing of global search audio media flags.
- Added additional studio logos.
- Updated ExtendedInfo according to latest changes: duration changes, hide buttons for tv show and episode content.
- Added rating votes to ExtendedInfo video list window.
- Added T9 Live Search for ExtendedInfo video list window.
- Added AutoCompletions to keyboard dialog using ExtendedInfo script.
- Added network logo to ExtendedInfo tv show information window.
- Added some info labels to ExtendedInfo tv show information window.
- Added View Options (hide title / hide scrollbar / hide fanart) to ExtendedInfo video list window.
- Added background fanart images to ExtendedInfo video list window.
- Added studio logo to movie set information window.
- Added support for the add-on service.nextup.notification (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228435).
- Updated language files from Transifex (thanks to alanwww1).

Added support for the add-on service.nextup.notification (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228435).

Added List View for ExtendedInfo video list window.
Added background fanart images to ExtendedInfo video list window.

Added List Info 3 View for ExtendedInfo video list window.
Added background fanart images to ExtendedInfo video list window.
Added rating votes to ExtendedInfo video list window.

Added AutoCompletions to keyboard dialog using ExtendedInfo script.

CONTINUED TO THE NEXT POST...
Added Youtube Browser for script.extendedinfo and script.youtube.browser (requires manual installation).

Added red color theme (big thanks to PetitDroud).

Added orange color theme (big thanks to PetitDroud).

Added menubar dialog to artist / album information windows with 4 buttons: Extra artist info, Popular Tracks, Similar Artists, Search Youtube (requires script.extendedinfo / plugin.video.youtube).
Similar artists in library:

CONTINUED TO THE NEXT POST...
Added menubar dialog to movie / tv show / season information windows with 3 buttons: Extra Video Info, Similar Videos, Search Youtube (requires script.extendedinfo / plugin.video.youtube).
Changed play / open button label in video information window.

Similar tv shows:

ENJOY!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED]2