YouTube in Kodi excruciatingly slow?
Since a couple of weeks ago when I first got my Raspberry Pi 2 and started exploring openELEC/Kodi, I've discovered some really weird issues.
My YouTube add-on is giving me grey hairs. Sad
When I try to use the YouTube add-on it takes forever (minutes) to load the next screen. The videos load super slow as well. Tongue
It's bad enough that the add-on is pretty much useless and the AirPlay feature won't stay stable/won't work. It's a major pita when I want to watch YouTube with the family.
Please help, any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
I'm having the same issue.
changing the video quality from 720p to 480p fixed it.
that happens to me only using kodi's youtube add-on. youtube in Google Chrome browser at 1080p works smoothly.
so the issue is in the Add-on.
Is there a way to run chrome on openELEC?
I can definitely try changing video resolution.

P.S. 480p video resolution seem to offer faster response but I need more testing to see if everything is solved. Odd that 720p should slow everything down to such a massive extent.
Nope, changing the resolution did speed things up a little but only a marginal fix. It's still super slow. Sad
The thread for YouTube is here Wink What is slow...Navigating? And what resolution...of the video or of KODI?
Well, pretty much everything is slow.
Starting the add-on, waiting for subscriptions to load, waiting for a folder/channel to load when you click on it, starting a video... But once the video is running it plays perfectly?

Everything else on the Pi is snappy and responsive.
Gonna guess this is the point where we could use a debug log showing the problem.

Here's the easy way to grab the log file. http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
I'll take a look at the link and try to get a log but will the log show things like time spent? Everything is working just suuuuper slow. :/
(2015-03-10, 22:06)natethomas Wrote: Gonna guess this is the point where we could use a debug log showing the problem.

Here's the easy way to grab the log file. http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

I can never get the XBMC/Kodi Log Uploader to send to my email address any upload logs. I just tried to no avail as it is not responding. Is this a known issue?
Oki, here's the link to the log file
http://xbmclogs.com/paeaqdphk
(2015-03-10, 23:36)markusA Wrote: Oki, here's the link to the log file
http://xbmclogs.com/paeaqdphk

Click here Wink
Thanx, I checked it out. Sadly enough the fan art is already disabled. Knowing that power is at a premium with the Pi I disabled everything unnecessary I could think of right from the start.
Probably watchdog since that's the only service running besides openelec settings. I've seen this issue before, and it traces back to some problems with the network which in turn causes this weird slow plugin behavior. So start with your server. (possibly try samba when out of ideas). That should affect all plugins though, not just youtube. And btw if saving as many cpu cycles as possible is most important, why are use using this addon anyway? Monitoring network shares doesn't come for free.
Thank you for that post.
I disabled watchdog and it appears to solve the issue. Big Grin
Now, the only thing left to do is check so it doesn't reappear
(2015-03-12, 20:00)takoi Wrote: Probably watchdog since that's the only service running besides openelec settings. I've seen this issue before, and it traces back to some problems with the network which in turn causes this weird slow plugin behavior. So start with your server. (possibly try samba when out of ideas). That should affect all plugins though, not just youtube. And btw if saving as many cpu cycles as possible is most important, why are use using this addon anyway? Monitoring network shares doesn't come for free.

How is it for Windows, like me Smile , I have the result on my HTPC....today I noticed, if I copy a file in the background (Windows Explorer) and try to navigate anything in XBMC/KODI...the same effect occurs. Is it basically a problem with the system (and not KODI or the ADDON)...because on my Android (S4) and the developer machines...I never noticed this behavior.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube in Kodi excruciatingly slow?2