v14 Dim screensaver does not wake up raspberry pi 2
Hi

I have a raspberry pi2 running Kodi 14, I've got the default screensaver settings enabled which has the screen dim after 3 minutes of inactivity, When I come to use Kodi again the dim does not go away, so I'm able to navigate menu's etc however it's still dimmed out, only a reboot fixes this.

Obviously I can easily remove the screensaver setting as it just comes online when i flip the tv from kodi to normal tv viewing but just wondering if anyone has had this same issue & a possible fix.

I'm using Aeon Nox skin so not sure if it's skin related (will have to test this).

Thanks
I use Aeon Nox and have dim screensave active, and it dims when idle for a while, and it always un-dims correctly.
However you are not the only user to report the issue, so it would be nice to get to the bottom of what causes this.

What distribution and version of it are you using? (e.g. openelec/raspbmc/osmc/xbian/raspbian?)
Does it always occur if you wait 3 minute then press a key, or only occasionally? Or only when switching TV inputs?
Any other addons installed?
If you rename .kodi to .kodi_back and reboot, do you get the same issue with default settings and no addons?
It would be interesting to know if anyone has experienced permanent dimming with stock Confluence, which would then more-or-less eliminate third party skins as being the issue.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi

I have this problem too. I am running the default Confluent skin.

I have Kodi 14.0, running on a QNAP TS-470 Pro. The System Info screen tells me my operating system is Ubuntu quantal (12.10) (kernel: Linux 3.4.6)

I have not tried disabling the screensaver because it is a feature I find useful (to prevent burning an image into my screen), but having to close and re-open Kodi every time is frustrating.

If providing any debug info would help I would be happy to do so.
When I first got my RPi2 I installed OE on it, I think it was version 5.0.5 (but am not certain), I had this happen. It was a stock install. I didn't really think anything of it as I updated to my own OE version and disabled Dim when I set it up. I'll enable Dim again (tomorrow) and see what happens.

Edit:
Couldn't replicate it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dim screensaver does not wake up raspberry pi 20